Massage/body work - how much do you pay?

p87

Visit site
The physio I use was £48 (inc £10 travel split between two of us) for roughly a 45 min session. It was the first time I'd had one out and he has REALLY benefited from it, he was a lot more 'pingy' (so to speak!) and much lighter on his feet and through his back when I rode him afterwards. She gave me some exercises/massages to do on some problem areas which he is really enjoying. She says she can come out as often as I like but recommends maybe 3 times a year.

TrasaM

Visit site
Hi Oberon. Do I remember correctly that you were going to do the Masterson Method course ? Or have I mixed you up with someone else? :)

Oberon

Visit site
Hi Oberon. Do I remember correctly that you were going to do the Masterson Method course ? Or have I mixed you up with someone else? :)

Yes, the weekend seminar next week and the 5 day advanced in November - in addition to a bunch of other stuff I'm doing this year ;)

Lolo

Visit site
Ours have a physio who works in conjunction with our vet practice. This is especially helpful with Reg who has a specific problem (arthritic hocks) which causes back issues when the injections are running out- she's seen all his notes and things and so knows this is something to look out for particularly. She does massage and manipulation I think, and sometimes uses a TENS machine (only on Reg so far for us).

She costs £70 I think (or £40- one of those is shoes and one is physio!) and comes out for routine checks every 4 months or so- works out at about 2 visits a year per horse because of time off and things.

We use her because a) she's brilliant, b) ridiculously down to earth and sensible, and c) she works with our vets and that has been hugely useful in both diagnosis and treatment.

catherine22

Visit site
My massage person is £50 per session, and she is well worth it, session is usually about an hour and its normally 3/4 times a year. Unless we have a specific issue and request her more, like when he fell over out riding, we saw her twice in 3 weeks

ladyt25

Visit site
Our McTimoney guy is between £25 to £60 a sessions depending if there is actually any work to be done. Essentially £25/20 (can't remember) is just if he has a check over, says horse is "ok, no issues" and he will just give a general 'go over' as it were. £60 is if a full session is needed which generally last anything up to an hour I guess.

TrasaM

Visit site
Yes, the weekend seminar next week and the 5 day advanced in November - in addition to a bunch of other stuff I'm doing this year ;)

I did the weekend in Suffolk and i really enjoyed it. I was amazed how differently the horses responded. I'm still considering whether to do the full week next year. I need to do an anatomy course first though. I'm sure you will love it.

Oberon

Visit site
Yes, I'm very excited about the MM courses.

Along with the equine sports massage, equine touch, gait analysis, saddle fitting, I feel I know a little bit more about the body now along with the feet :D

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have used an equine touch bodyworker in the past she also does massage and passive stretching .
The horses enjoyed it and it does help to keep them feeling good she charged £35 and spent about an hour.
It is IMO not as benefical as a ACPAT trained physio so that's where I spend my money now on regular physio imput for them .

NaeNae87

Visit site
I am nearly finished my Equine Bowen Diploma.

My horses have treatments roughly once a fortnight.

I trade treatments for my instuctor's 2* horse for lessons and I trade treatments for my friends horse for board for my two horses.