Masta or Pennine ?

eekmon

Visit site
Have got to clip my boy next week ( he was dripping today!) Need a new lightweight turnout rug. Don't want to spend a fortune
frown.gif
But have found a Pennine high lighweight and a Masta lightweight turnout both for £33 each
smile.gif
So which one do I get, any one have any of these rugs? Opinions please!
smile.gif

wench

Visit site
i havent had any experience of masta rugs, but had got a loveson l/w turnout. Nice and roomy in the chest, good fit (17hh tb x ), chest straps to adjust to wider or narrower horse, doesnt rub - but the outer isnt that tough.

eekmon

Visit site
Pennine is a Loveson, and thats it I am going to get the Pennine, would of liked the Amigo but am skint + my horse is 29
shocked.gif
so don't want to spend loads ( if you know what I mean
blush.gif
) Am getting it off e bay so will go ahead and order! Thanks for the responses

Mon
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
Pennine!! You can't put your poor horse in a Masta!! I think that I may have a high neck Pennine (came with the big fella and label has fallen off) - it's a good rug!

eekmon

Visit site
Are Mastas that bad then? I usually buy Weatherbeetas which are fab! Plus it was in 'lemon check'
blush.gif
no wonder it was cheap!
shocked.gif
My OH is now going to get it for me, bless him. Have had a very expensive month!!
crazy.gif

S_N

Visit site
I have ALWAYS had problems with Masta's, so personally YES! I bought a new LW one off ebay last year for B and even though she only wore it for a about a month in the spring and about 2 months in the autumn last year, it rubbed the living daylights out of her shoulders (sold it pronto!) Where I used to work, they bought in millions of them - TO's and fly rugs. It doesn't seem to matter what type/shape of horse they are on, they slip, rub and tear easily. However, I think that their Stable rugs and fleeces are lovely - most odd!

Will probably get shot down for this, but hey ho!

eekmon

Visit site
Oh well glad I put it to you lot!
smile.gif
That was the other reason I didn't want to spend lots of dosh, he'll only wear it for a few weeks Autumn and Spring. Thanks
smile.gif