masterclip clippers - which one?

Ella19

Visit site
Has anyone bought a recent pair of masterclip clippers? I know from here that some people have had them for years, but just want to check they are still making them as good as ever?

I have a hairy cob x Connie to clip, and having looked at the masterclip website, I seem to be able to use any of the heavy range. So which is better the ranger, hunter or rambo? Is one better than another for hairies? Any to avoid? I've been using the yard liveryman arena clippers but they are broken and I need to do my last clip of the year in a few weeks.

Ladybird

Visit site
Hi

I bought a pair in November 2011, they've been brilliant and would definitely recommend them.

I cant remember what the model were called but they were the mid range ones I think, they were about £140/£150 and are the red ones (if they've not changed their colours!)

Barney&Buzz

Visit site
I too have a Connie x Cob, I also have a Connie x TB, I have masterclip Rambo's which do both brilliantly, however they are fairly heavy.

hihosilver

Visit site
I have a irish cob x TB that is out and very hairly! I have heard these clippers are brilliant and I phoned them they gave me very good advice in which ones to buy.

dafthoss

Visit site
I have the red ones, can't remember what they are called :eek:. But they do my connie who has a massive thick coat easily.

L&M

Visit site
I also have the red ones and haven't had a problem them with them in the 2 yrs of ownership. I have an irish cob who is pretty much clipped through out the year and have always proven reliable.

The downside is that they quite heavy and noisy - my lad doesn't bat an eyelid but you may find a more nervous horse is scared of them.

The other thing I find is that they are a bit 'clumsy' for tight areas such as elbows and heads, so also have a pair of Livery Harmony's to tidy up with.