Materna-disaster at Brightling

Ahrena

Visit site
So sorry you had a bad day

BUT oh my god you had me in stitches. PLEASE write a blog/book.

Especially loved the holding into the treble, that's me all over. I'm going to reread it now and laugh some more!

frannieuk

Visit site
I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned, but I have to say that your report is probably the best I've ever read - talk about taking something from the day! I reckon you should submit that to H&H and line up a regular column, as your normal good events are just as amusingly written up :D
When's the next outing? x

Vickijay

Visit site
Im sorry you didnt have the best day but your report was amazing!! I have always loved reading your posts but this is the funniest by far. I think if you wrote a blog it would be very popular :)

Twiglet

Visit site
Another vote for you to write a blog!! Cracking report.

You weren't at Tweseldown a couple of weeks ago were you? I was left in awe of a competitor parked near us with the most beautifully behaved husband, baby and horse...!!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Don't suppose your a chick lit writer in disguise? felt like I was reading a Sophie Kinsella there, the little known Eventer-holic and baby....
In true literature style you'll win the next event for a happy ending :)

Eventer-holic, I like it. I very much doubt that I am ever going to win anything, sadly, but I suppose I could try to stay on the horse for the duration next time!

HotToTrot

Visit site
That post made me laugh out loud!!!!! First place and a red frilly for the funniest post of the day ;) sorry to chuckle op!
Next time can you leave baby at home, and just take evented friend?

After her performance on Sunday, I want to marry Eventer Friend.

almostthere

Visit site
Fabulous report! You should seriously consider writing for a living/sideline.. apart from the general audience you will have a lot of working mums who follow you thinking ...not just me then...and i speak from painful experience... As they say..you don't think it was brilliant on paper but you made a lot of people smile on here so thank you for sharing :))

kit279

Visit site
Awesome report, made me laugh out loud! My husband peered over my shoulder and said "You do realise if we have a child that there is no possible way I can manage all the things that those friends are doing so have you considered hacking full time?!" ;)

HotToTrot

Visit site
I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be, particularly in the light of your 'not the best of days', but I am almost crying with laughter at that report (sorry again :eek:).

I'm not sure I would have been quite as philosophical at the end of it - so well done you! (Was that condescending enough to add to the organisers ringing your parents? ;) )

Could I just ask - how many jumps were in the treble for you get 16 penalties - or was it a quadruple - in which case, every one down would have been perfectly understandable - and even acceptable??! :eek:

I'm not sure it's possible to be condescending to someone who routinely walks round events half-dressed and feeding a baby. I am beyond condescension! Good attention to detail! I wondered whether anyone would pick up on that. I am pleased to say that the last fence wasn't a quadruple, but I tapped an oxer early on in the round. Kinda seemed inconsequential, by the time I'd finished wrapping my horse round the treble!

Firewell

Visit site
Oh my word that was hilarious (report not your score! ). Shame it wasn't the best day but it was fun to read! As someone with a small baby, horse and a chief babysitting husband I have to say I felt for you! Well done for going out in the heat with all that going on :).

chels

Visit site
Another vote for best report on HHO ever!
Sorry your day didn't go quite to plan, but you MUST start a blog!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Well at least your sense of humour is intact..great report & bet it will be so much easier next time when Mr hottotrot gets his priorities sorted :)

Thanks! Mr HTT would have shouted back at the DR judge, guaranteeing me an even worse mark!

HotToTrot

Visit site
I am properly laughing, if you wrote a book I would 100% buy it and recommend it to the world, even if I'd read every entry on here first :D

Sorry it was a crap day, think of it as a dip before the amazingness that is to come? (I tried that line on Al and she almost slapped me, so if it has the same effect on you I'll stop using it...)

My dad used this line in his father of the bride speech. He said that I was always very cheerful and optimistic about eventing and there was always a feeling that somehow, next time would be better.