Mattingley unaff Intro

summer01

Visit site
Hi

Am looking to enter the the 90cm, however had heard a few bad things about the ditches, basically that they are rather large etc.

Please could someone shed some light on the course and what to expect ditch wise? is there a trekhaner normally in the course?

Have been doing 90 all season and don't want to end on a bad note as this will be my last run.

Thanks

Clarew22

Visit site
I think there are pics on the unaffiliated course photos on Facebook :)

When is the event? Loved the last one I went to there and have been keeping an eye out for anything else on there but haven't been able to find anything.

summer01

Visit site
There was a post on here earlier which said another event was being held in September..

Thanks for that, will have a nosey on fbook.

Rana

Visit site
25/26 September I *think*. Course is normally fairly kind. Based on the event in May, there were ditches at 6 (half coffin I think), 15 (ditch palisade), and possibly at 17 (getting my courses muddled now, but I think it's a ditch in front of a step up??). As far as I know, no trakehner.

The "problem" fences were the half coffin, the corner, the ski jump, and the bank combo late on in the course (sorry, I really can't remember exactly what it is!). The waters caused a few problems but no more than you would normally expect. I don't think any of the ditches were huge, but they are a bit more than just a rail with wood chippings to make it look like a ditch.

star

Visit site
I did the 90cm course in May and it was fine - one ditch which was no bigger than any other 90cm course one I've come across. no trakehner - they used to have one but they've changed it to just a plain ditch. It was my first ever 90cm event and we flew round to come 2nd 8secs inside the time at only our 2nd ever event. Definitely wouldn't say it was one to avoid - fab event!

star

Visit site
25/26 September I *think*. Course is normally fairly kind. Based on the event in May, there were ditches at 6 (half coffin I think), 15 (ditch palisade), and possibly at 17 (getting my courses muddled now, but I think it's a ditch in front of a step up??). As far as I know, no trakehner.

The "problem" fences were the half coffin, the corner, the ski jump, and the bank combo late on in the course (sorry, I really can't remember exactly what it is!). The waters caused a few problems but no more than you would normally expect. I don't think any of the ditches were huge, but they are a bit more than just a rail with wood chippings to make it look like a ditch.

it's running on the 25th sep (80 and 90cm only) - the 26th is the London and South East RC champs only.

fence 15 was a narrow blue thing with an open ditch as an alternative (palisade was in the prenovice course). 17 was just a step up and then a narrow hanging log a few strides later. only ditch was at the half coffin at 6.

i took photos of the entire course and they were uploaded onto the unaff XC pics page on Facebook.

Rana

Visit site
it's running on the 25th sep (80 and 90cm only) - the 26th is the London and South East RC champs only.

fence 15 was a narrow blue thing with an open ditch as an alternative (palisade was in the prenovice course). 17 was just a step up and then a narrow hanging log a few strides later. only ditch was at the half coffin at 6.

i took photos of the entire course and they were uploaded onto the unaff XC pics page on Facebook.

You're right, I'm getting my courses muddled up - the trouble with FJing for both days, I can't remember which was which lol. So are Mattingley running the champs on the Sunday then? I've been asked back to FJ but have no details at all, other than the dates.

star

Visit site
You're right, I'm getting my courses muddled up - the trouble with FJing for both days, I can't remember which was which lol. So are Mattingley running the champs on the Sunday then? I've been asked back to FJ but have no details at all, other than the dates.

yep, Mattingley are running the L&SE Champs on the Sunday so it will be dressage, SJing and horse trials all in one day - it will be manic!

star

Visit site
Do you know where I can find details for 25th? :)

Amy posted last night saying she'd been e-mailed to say it had been added to the unaffiliated horse trials championships series being run between T/down, Mattingley and Borde Hill this yr. I tried looking on the website last night and it didn't say anything. I haven't had any e-mail which is slightly odd given I've done the previous 2 qualifiers in the series.

Amy_08

Visit site
Here's the info

Mattingley Unaffiliated Horse Trials
Intro and Pre Intro Classes
Qualifiers for the Southern Horse Trials Championships

SATURDAY, 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2011
at
Blue House Farm, Mattingley, Hook, Hants RG27 8LJ
Refreshments will be available
Event Day Mobile: 07801 191609

All Enquiries to: Jill Lamont
TEL: 01483 767336 MOBILE: 07801 191609 E-MAIL: jandplamont@ntlworld.com

Class Dressage Entry Fee inc VAT Start Fee Max Height

INTRO BE92(2009) £60-00 £10-00 0.90 m.
PRE INTRO BE91(2009) £54-00 £10-00 0.80 m.

£10 start fee payable on the day for all competitors

Entries open: Saturday, 20th August, 2011
Entries will be taken on a first come basis. Entries will continue to be accepted if space allows. ENTRIES CLOSE WHEN FULL No refunds after 12th September, 2011
All Entries to: Ann Allen
The Bungalow, Lees Rest, Charlbury, Oxon. OX7 3EU
Tel and Fax: 01608 811070 Mobile: 07802 534837 E-MAIL: ann@bdwp.co.uk
INTERNET ENTRIES PREFERRED: www.bdwp.co.uk/aallen
Cheques to be made payable to “Mattingley Horse Trials”. VAT No. 709 303 942
Send entry forms with separate cheque and separate self seal STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE for each horse to Ann Allen. Faxed entries not accepted.
Withdrawals by 2000 on Tuesday, 20th September, 2011 to 01 608 811070

Class 1: Intro Prize Money: 1st £65; 2nd £50; 3rd £35
Rosettes to 10th place
Class 2: Pre Intro Prize Money: 1st £65; 2nd £50; 3rd £35
Rosettes to 10th place

All these classes are qualifiers for the SOUTHERN HORSE TRIALS CHAMPIONSHIPS to be held at TWESELDOWN on 15th &16th October

Clarew22

Visit site
Thats great Amy thanks :)

So pleased they are doing another one, now all I need is a healthy horse in time for September :rolleyes: