May I introduce my new puppy .....

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
After 2 years on a waiting list, I am now the very proud owner of Mabel, a Great Swiss Mountain dog. She is joining my other dog, a Border Collie called Daisy, and at 8 weeks old, Mabel is already on twice as much food as Daisy - she is settling in beautifully and has a huge character already!
I cant upload pics with my tablet ( useless with all things techy!) so if anynone would like to pop them up for me, I would be very grateful .... I know how you all love some puppy pics! Xx :D

Leo Walker

Visit site
15965755_10154349213468667_9193338517834297497_n.jpg

15894806_10154349213543667_4929311707261998430_n.jpg

Sprout

lovely puppy, Im a sucker for the black and tans. I dont know much about the breed, what was it about them that appealed to you?

I knew our old Dobie's days were numbered and so started to think ahead .... I wanted a big dog, that would be friendly towards visitors and other dogs, but would also be a good watch dog but not a guard dog. The Swissie ticks all the boxes for me, its been a long wait, but worth it.

Nicnac

Visit site
Gorgeous. Having had 7 BMD's I love these. They have super temperaments. My last BMD lived with a border collie and they were great mates. Enjoy!

Chiffy

Visit site
Hi Sprout, glad you posted on here so the doggy section could see your lovely pup.
I knew she would be big but not twice the weight of my flatties and even more than 10 kgs more than my obese Goldie! Wow, you won't be lifting her anywhere. Hope she is athletic at getting in the car!!

Sprout

Hi Sprout, glad you posted on here so the doggy section could see your lovely pup.
I knew she would be big but not twice the weight of my flatties and even more than 10 kgs more than my obese Goldie! Wow, you won't be lifting her anywhere. Hope she is athletic at getting in the car!!

I am struggling to carry her around even now, despite all my efforts in the gym!
Think I may be quizzing you about ramps before too long!

Chiffy

Visit site
Ah yes I have done slot of research. I will let you have. I haven't bought one yet. I manage to hump Finley onto the back seat but I think Abbey may soon need to save her joints and not jump in and out.

Moobli

Visit site

Sprout

She is absolutely beautiful and I look forward to seeing her grow and mature. I prefer the Great Swiss to the Bernese - probably because of the easier to care for coat :)

I first read about this breed many years ago in a police K9 book. Rhode Island had a wonderful sounding character by the name of Hannibal. He was a terrific tracking dog.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/dog-whisperer-turns-rejects-strays-k-9-officers-f2D11721826

Thanks for the brilliant link - I watched Mabel following a scent yesterday, she has a good nose!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
She's gorgeous Sprout xx
There is a lady who I meet most days if am out hacking before 9am, she also has a mature bitch Swissie (and a huge wolfie x lurch).
She was amazed when I said someone I know had got a pup, she said they are so rare, with long waiting lists for pups. (I dont think she believed me, but I'll try to show her a snap when we meet next time :) )