Mayo horse mattress

Lilchunk

Visit site
I am about to purchase these for my 12 indoor stables on my yard as I was very impressed by the samples . I have a 44mm sample and a 34mm sample which are both excellent, the 44 being super duper comfy!
They are certainly not cheap but I think they are a good investment as they have a 10 year warranty but I'm told will easily last double that!
Before I take the plunge I thought id ask what other people thought? Which company did you use and would you recommend?
Thank you!

Audacity

Visit site
I have a friend who has them - on the whole she loves them but on vet advice she did have to remove them from a youngster's stable due to leg problems & they weren't giving him the solid base he needed for growing straight. Walking on them certainly felt good & I can see the benefits for adult horses.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Thanks for asking this as I was just considering these for my horses' shelter, they are made about 10 miles down the road from me!

Sounds like they should be ideal, its open access with a yard area in front so I'm looking for something super comfy since they'll be spending the rest of the time on concrete or gravel.

Ebenezer_Scrooge

Visit site
I am about to purchase these for my 12 indoor stables on my yard as I was very impressed by the samples . I have a 44mm sample and a 34mm sample which are both excellent, the 44 being super duper comfy!
They are certainly not cheap but I think they are a good investment as they have a 10 year warranty but I'm told will easily last double that!
Before I take the plunge I thought id ask what other people thought? Which company did you use and would you recommend?
Thank you!

Mayo mats company were known as horse comfort a few years back, I got the original 24 mm mats 13 years ago and they are still going strong and in excellent condition despite moving stables (were cut or trimmed in places to fit different sizes) and yards a couple of times! I don't like the really soft versions though and interesting point re youngster above. Mine are comfortable under foot with some give and horse lies on them happily with just a shallow small shavings bed on top. They scrub up well too...One of my best horsey buys!!!

Lilchunk

Visit site
Fantastic ..... I'm hearing pretty much the same across the board.
I agree for the youngsters as I have a 10 month old filly who will be having normal hardish rubber mats until she's grown ......although I have a 30yr old Hanoverian who will love the thick mats!