McTimoney Vs Physio Vs Reiki Vs anything else?

Nic

Visit site
I want to get someone out to work with the boys, to make sure they are as happy as possible, but really not sure where to even begin or what the benefits are of each. (Will OK with vet first)

Anyone care to share experiences of the above or anything I've missed off?

PuddingandElla

Visit site
I think everyone has different opinions. I use a brilliant McTimoney lady. I really like her as she looks at the skeltal side as well as being ble to give her a really good massage! I watched a Reiki lady once work on my friends horse and really didn't see the point, but thats just my opinion!
I would always go Mctimoney but i am sure you will have lots of different opinions!!

dixie

Visit site
Physio gets my vote.

I don't know anything about Reiki though. Have had McTimoney but thought Physio got better results, but I suppose it depends if there is anything wrong and if so what, if you see what I mean.

sarahs

Visit site
Ive used Reiki on my boy, simply because I have one friend is a Reiki master and another that is in training and he reponds brilliantly to it, he just loves it ! But i just use it as a chill out session for him and sometimes if hes a bit stiff in a certain area, but nothing serious. When my friend - the reiki master - puts her hands on him he just melts !
But when i want him to have the "once over" it has to be the physio.
SX

Peanot

Visit site
Hi, I would always use someone who can do both massage/physio and McTimoney. I believe that the massage/physio with stress point therapy is the best idea and will deal with most cases but then there are times when the horse needs a little manipulation.
If a muscle is in spasm, which causes the pelvis to be `off`, (which is basically a shortened spasmed muscle pulling one side slightly forward, backward etc), this needs to be massaged out, and relaxed, otherwise the manipulation will only be temporary. I do believe that it has to be hands on, although I am open-minded about reiki for emotional issues.
This is just my opinion tho.

GGRider

Visit site
I have used both McT and Physio when Jnr had a Sacro-iliac pelvic ligament injury. Vet recommended Physio, she recommened McT. McT seemed to fix the s-i problem and now physio does the back spasms althouh with a good book and her help I am able to do some myself. Many horses have such problems, I think ignorance is bliss sometimes!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We've tried them all and McT seems to get the best results.
A few months ago after the Mct practitioner had finished we were having a coffee and asked her to look at one of our dogs, who was showing her age and unable to get in the back of the car anymore.
She spent around ten mins on her and we were a bit miffed when she asked for another forty quid..
Next morning however the dog leapt easily in the car and has been a new dog ever since.. So it works on horses and dogs as far as we can see...
wink.gif
ps we won't quibble re the price next time either....