Medium attampt number two!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I'd posted our results on the weekend thread but now I have pictures thought I'd do a thread all on my own :D.

Went out to our fave venue on Sat, it is our fave as Topaz deems it a 'safe' venue :eek: so it's lovely to go and know she shouldn't have a meltdown about too much :eek:. I will be branching out to other venues though, as unfortunately as much as I've asked they cannot hold all regionals, area festivals, etc there :D.

Elementary 53 first, was a fairly convincing test that we 'knew' what we were doing :D, didn't even attempt to go wrong at any point :eek: which must be a first for us in this test! No idea why I had such a mental block about this test, but glad I seem to have got past it now. Scored 6-7.5 for 67.79% and second in my section (the mega silver section, so hope for us not very exceptional none professional one horse riders ;)).

Pictures of our last center line:
E32BB169-2703-4CFC-86CE-C1DD487B3CAC_zpst41jmfuz.jpg

44F0A696-B7BE-4940-AA58-27B253FDF299_zpsfxvydqno.jpg

It's interesting as, as much as I struggle with sitting trot we have a much better connection and through'ness when I sit, plus I'm not leaning back quite so much, but you can see I'm braced with my leg position :eek:.

Onto M61, (again will be branching out to some different mediums soon I think now we know our score wasn't too much of a fluke!), and after a very crowded warm-up we were actually a bit unsettled going in, nobody was riding badly we just all kept ending up at the same spot of the arena!

So did some rising trot around the edge with some transitions to get her attention back on me, which worked well. However not quite as smooth as our last attempt, but we tried very hard and I could at least sit to her trot so figured we must be doing somthing right! Canter went a bit tits up with Topaz determined to pop a flying change in, so we went half-pass to to X, bounce, BOUNCE, come on let me do a change :eek:, bounce, whilst I lost both stirrups thinking if I fall off mid dressage test I may give up now :D, fortunately we ended up on the correct canter lead and I got my pedals back so just carried on :eek:. She did manage another sneaky half change with the med across the diagnol to trot, where she changed just before we trotted :eek:. Did keep it together a bit better for right canter though :D.

Medium pics:
EE37D198-4E4C-4DFB-B9EC-C0342D67256C_zpsnvqliwzy.jpg

688764AC-A20C-4BAF-A3F2-D18022DDBDEA_zpsijngtfbr.jpg
9BD0D0DD-58B5-4F83-A8FC-3D32825A8B0E_zpsuvfitf3k.jpg

8B520702-4036-494A-B392-34F7315974C8_zpsdwv6yidq.jpg

46954C3B-7DA0-41E2-A751-A669223ADD53_zps6vipts0e.jpg

Ended on a fabby 65.69% for first in the bronze section :D and third overall, (so yes beat more silver combinations :eek:). Plus we've now collected our first two sheets for Area Festivals, in our first two tries at this level :D, so super pleased with the black beast :).

I've given myself a bit of a kick up the bum and Topaz is going lovely, plus I really think the equisoft girth as made a massive difference to her freedom of movement, no more hackney knees up :eek: :D.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
She looks so much softer than previous pics :) well done :).

I'll leave the tricks for getting your leg back underneath you to others, I spent my last lesson being told leg back (after telling him we'd spent the winter hunting - yes I can tell said trainer :p)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well done :) a very good day all round for you both she is looking very well in the pictures with her lovely shiny coat.

:) Thank you we're super pleased with her at the moment, and her new balancer is doing wonders for her coat and condition! Still at the slightly motheaten patchy stage, but at least we look black again :D.

That looks like a very big trot! Super well done to you both :)

Thrilled with her 'big' trot, never really managed to get it at shows before but knew it was lurking about in there, we need to get up the levels now so we can do some hackney knees up passage instead :D.

She looks so much softer than previous pics :) well done :).

I'll leave the tricks for getting your leg back underneath you to others, I spent my last lesson being told leg back (after telling him we'd spent the winter hunting - yes I can tell said trainer :p)

She was actually still holding a little tension, so thrilled with the pictures and she definitely looks more relaxed in her frame :D, think she likes the higher frame needed for this level :).

:D my legs have a mind of their own, as I'm generally told legs forward :eek:, clearly have taken this too far :D. I think it might be more my whole position in this case, I look like I need to roll my shoulders back and sit up which would probably help my leg position? Though the aforementioned 'big' trot did have me braced a little :eek:.

lar

Visit site
Lovely pics - she's looking really well. Funny that it's her safe venue. My boy used to find it tremendously exciting there and it took me a whole season to get him to settle in that top arena. (I think part of that was we always used to hack there and he would take exception to being made to work when he thought he was just out for a nice relaxing time). He'd either do really super tests there or absolutely awful uncontrollable ones.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well done, looks like you had a great, consistent weekend. She looks super :)

:D Thank you, we really seem to be getting it together this year!

Lovely pics - she's looking really well. Funny that it's her safe venue. My boy used to find it tremendously exciting there and it took me a whole season to get him to settle in that top arena. (I think part of that was we always used to hack there and he would take exception to being made to work when he thought he was just out for a nice relaxing time). He'd either do really super tests there or absolutely awful uncontrollable ones.

:D Oh no, we love it there because its nice and open, though the horses in the field did get Topaz a bit excited in the Elementary :eek:. I think Topaz might get a bit confused if we hacked to venues too :D it doesn't take much to get her confused ;).

Bernster

Visit site
What a super combo, and she really does look so smart in those pics. You can borrow my legs, they are merrily swinging away around my a$$e it seems :-(

DirectorFury

Visit site
Well done, she looks super!
I would also like to offer my legs for swap, sitting trot is a no-no at the moment unless I want to disappear over the horizon due to swinging lower legs :p.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well done, she looks super!
I would also like to offer my legs for swap, sitting trot is a no-no at the moment unless I want to disappear over the horizon due to swinging lower legs :p.

Thank you super happy that the pictures look as good as I felt her gong, it doesn't always go that way :eek:.

:D happy I'm not alone with the wayward legs :D, clearly it is the most effective way to ride ;):D.

blood_magik

Visit site
Well done. :)

I love how enthusiastic Topaz was, wanting to show off her new trick, bless her (I know the feeling - Raz kept popping in unasked-for changes during my lesson last week). ;)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well done. :)

I love how enthusiastic Topaz was, wanting to show off her new trick, bless her (I know the feeling - Raz kept popping in unasked-for changes during my lesson last week). ;)

Thank you :). She has been desperate to be allowed to do changes, so is so excited she has to show them off whenever possible :D. Glad we're not the only ones :D.