Medium FSM Debut!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
I don't usually do competition reports but have come to the conclusion that my horse is never going to get a write up in the h&h, so I decided to blow his own trumpet for him :p

Last Sunday (24th June) we trundled off to Kings EC, a little nervous has not been to a show since March (when he got his final points required for his Summer Regional classes) and not sure if he was going to be show rusty or get excited as not been anywhere for awhile :eek:

Got there with plenty of time so we stuffed out faces with sandwiches and chocolate, and sat having a good goss with other peeps :)

Decided we better get him ready and warm up, so I did my usual jobs of getting his number ready and holding his bridle, whilst his fabulous rider tacked him up and plaited his forelock :eek: At least I know when jobs are better left to the professionals :p

He was really chilled and wandered down to the warm up and behaved impeccibly for his 25 minute warm up and then it was almost time for him to go in... cue the nerves... 6yo unveiling his Medium FSM test for the first time and has only done a couple of Medium tests before :eek: of course the rider was as cool as a cucumber and never gets unsettled :cool: Good job really lol :eek:

So I did my next job that i'm capable of not messing up lol :rolleyes: and took his boots off :eek: and in he went :eek:

It went really well, he had a couple of things he could and can do better but you wouldn't have known he'd not been to a show for a few months and he didn't turn a hair even when he tripped on the final centre line, I was a very proud mum :D

We put him away and went to have lunch whilst we waited for the results and I was very hopeful that we would have broken the 70% barrier for Medium, everyone was coming and saying what a great test it was and Serena Pincus came to say what a good floor plan we had so I was really pleased before the results even came out and when they did you could have blown me down with a feather!! 79.66% :eek: :eek: :eek: Still somewhat in shock but as you can imagine and I love my horse alot :D and my friend does an awesome job of riding him for me :D

The judge came and spoke to us at the end of the day and gave us some really great feedback :D

Last edited:

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Thank you :D She has judged him a few times and is always nice to speak to after, she always tells you why she gave you a certain mark and what held her off giving a higher mark etc, and is always constructive and in a positive way, so I am always really happy when we get our times and she is judging :)

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Thankies :D I have a couple of pictures from the warm up on my phone and a video of the test (so we can remember the floorplan and see where it needs tweaking) ;) but just deciding if i'm brave enough to post them on hho :eek: lol

JGC

Visit site
:eek: With those kind of scores, you shouldn't worry about posting pictures!

Well done to all the team!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Thankies I think this score will keep me smiling for a year or two lol :D

:eek: With those kind of scores, you shouldn't worry about posting pictures!

Not a great photographer :rolleyes: never seem to catch them at the perfect moment :eek: lol

Here is the couple of pics I took warming up :D

photo1606_001.jpg

photo1603_001.jpg

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
I've decided to be brave and make his video public on you tube :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3RP6vKV6M

We know the bits he didn't do as well as he can, fluffed his second medium trot, wibbled in shoulder in and I think the trip threw his final halt off as he forgot to square his legs up but he's a baby so he is always forgiven and hopefully with 7 months til winter regionals, plenty of time to tighten it up and tweak it :D I'm over the moon with him and love him to pieces :cool:

Tempi

Visit site
I've decided to be brave and make his video public on you tube :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3RP6vKV6M

We know the bits he didn't do as well as he can, fluffed his second medium trot, wibbled in shoulder in and I think the trip threw his final halt off as he forgot to square his legs up but he's a baby so he is always forgiven and hopefully with 7 months til winter regionals, plenty of time to tighten it up and tweak it :D I'm over the moon with him and love him to pieces :cool:

You changed your user name! As soon as the video came up I was thinking, i'm sure i've seen this on facebook!!

Bubble is looking amazing, hes such a credit to you and Martin :)

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
You changed your user name! As soon as the video came up I was thinking, i'm sure i've seen this on facebook!!

Bubble is looking amazing, hes such a credit to you and Martin :)

Lol I did change it last year :) and yes I posted it unlisted on my facebook account for my friends :) Thankies, I think Martin deserves all the credit, I am really only chief poo shoveller lol! ;)