Meet Badger!!

J_sarahd

Visit site
38DEF4B2-DC2E-4887-9CE8-AC2C0BDEDEC0.jpeg
I brought this guy home today after he passed his vetting yesterday. He’s a 14hh 5 year old and I’m honestly so excited that he’s mine. He’s extremely green in the school (so expect a LOT of threads asking how to do x, y or z!) but an absolute saint to hack. His attitude to life is so chilled - didn’t hear him the entire 2 hour journey from York to Leicestershire, really wanted to be buddies with the mare in the stable next to him even though she squealed and tried to bite him through the bars. So I’m so excited!!

J_sarahd

Visit site
He is pretty, his little face looks a bit bemused.

I think that's his general expression (I'm putting it down to his wall eye!) because he was honestly such calm about the whole thing. Had a few whinnies when we were there, but for such a green pony, he was a saint!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
He's a gorgeous little chap. He's the kind that will be loved by everyone he meets. I hope you two have a wonderful partnership together.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Thank you everyone. Everyone who’s met him so far (including my very non-horsey parents) have said he is so adorable. And he has such a lovely personality. I just can’t wait to finish work today and go and see him!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I love his fluffy forelock! Before opening the thread I was wondering why anyone would call a horse Badger (although I do know of others), when I saw the photo, I knew instantly why he was given that name.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun with him.

J_sarahd

Visit site
I love his fluffy forelock! Before opening the thread I was wondering why anyone would call a horse Badger (although I do know of others), when I saw the photo, I knew instantly why he was given that name.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun with him.

He was hogged before and his mane and forelock is just growing out again, hence the fluffiness!

Thank you! I hope so, he’s such a sweet boy

Annagain

Visit site
Glad you found one after you drove all that way and Toby wasn't right for you. He has a 2nd viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed you'll both be sorted by next week!

J_sarahd

Visit site
Glad you found one after you drove all that way and Toby wasn't right for you. He has a 2nd viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed you'll both be sorted by next week!

Thank you! I would’ve always wondered if he could’ve been the perfect pony for me if I didn’t come and at least try. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you!!!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Aw he's gorgeous. Love his dapples. Looks like someone with chalky fingers has been finger painting all over him! Hope he settles in well and you have loads of fun together.