Meet my new Horse! - Name needed

Shantara

Visit site
I'd like to formally introduce my new mare!

I picked her up this morning, having tried her last week :D
She was SUCH a star to load onto the trailer, travelled amazingly and simply hopped off! I tied her on the yard and she looked like she'd been there for years :) She's now standing munching a net in a stable.

She's an ex P2P horse and she is very forward to ride, but nothing scary. She's got such a nice personality :)

So now, I need a name!! Her current name is Mary, but I don't like "normal" human names on horses. Her passport name is Shantara, but I'm not fond of that either! I'm thinking perhaps Merida or Meriadock, (Merry for short) but I'm not sure!

14222152_10154510056392888_8181599958258604386_n.jpg

Goldenstar

Visit site
I don't like changing horses names but I think if I was going to change yours I would call her Tara .
Good luck with her .

numptynoelle

Visit site
I would have suggested Shantaram, as the book is amazing :wink3: but if you don't like it...

An anagram of Mary Shantara is Amaranth Rays, so I'd go with Amaranth - it's a very pretty purple flower :smile3:

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i quite like shantara, you could call her shanti....
or

dream
shadow
toffee
brandy

its really hard to think of a stable name which isnt a person....she looks very classy, any full body pics?what are you going to do with her?

LHIS

Visit site
She looks a lot like a mare I know, so the only name that's springing to mind is hers - Echo. I don't think Merry suits her (judging purely on the photo!). She has a foxy look about her, like she might be a little sassy. Maybe Vixen/Vix, Pix/Pixie.
Hope you have lots of fun together.

Shantara

Visit site
I don't know how to quote multiple people soo -

I've still got Neddy, he's not going any where :) I'm actually doing a mini ODE on him tomorrow! Very very nervous haha :p

I'm not planning on breeding from her, although she is stunning! I don't think I could deal with breeding a horse!

I think that's what's putting me off Merry, as much as I love the name, she's far too elegant. Unfortunately I know an Arwen, so that puts me off that name. I might find another LotR based name though! I need something that can be shortened. The dog is Tamriel and that became Tam...although, I have been calling her Tambolin for some reason!

Bessi

Visit site
The stud my lad is from had LOTR theme the year he was born and there was a lovely little mare named Bellefire, shortened to Belle..

JJS

Visit site
I have a Mary, but mine looks much more like a Mary than yours does!
Whatever you decide to call her, she's very beautiful :)