Meet our new puppy :)

noodle_

Visit site
We didnt end up with a springer... mums say was final as this is technically her dog... (im just happy with a puppy!), she didnt want another springer, so ended up ringing and viewing a litter of 9 week old brown working cockers :)

And picked little Max (or big max as hes the biggest in the litter!)

question before pics (and chocolate on offer)! How old before we can get his balls snipped off?? as the randy little bugger just tried to hump my leg when he got overexcited playing with my female dog (shes spayed)!! :eek: (been a longgg time since we have had dogs!)

pics;

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

(check out the white chin)!

IMG_2354.jpg

:D

noodle_

Visit site

we had been looking at orange lads but we were just being vain about the colour which was pathetic... his job is a companion and eventual agility dog!... im so glad we picked him as his colour in the sun is beautiful :)

UnaB

Visit site
Lovely boy! :D Congrats!

We tend to advise people to wait until at least 12 months to neuter as they really do need their hormones to grow properly, I dont neuter before 2yrs. However if its going to be a problem, or if he will be around unspayed bitches, then I would think about 6-7 months would be the absolute youngest but its not ideal IMO.

noodle_

Visit site
thanks all :D

thanks unab - I know our last lad was 12 months, but my bitch was 6 months (and absolutely no problems)

The bitch is spayed as we dont breed and dont intend too - although Max is a little cracker and good lines (apparantly!), we dont want any puppies or randy males in this house lol!

max and millie (springer spaniel) currently snoozing it up - max in the crate, mil next to me on the sofa! lol :D

UnaB

Visit site
If you want him as a pet, have him neutered. Males used at stud can be a nightmare in the house after they've been "used", not always but its not worth the risk.

If you can safely (ie no chance of unwanted pups!!) keep him entire til 12 months then i'd do that, it'll be better for him in the long run :D

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Oh dear I'm getting spaniel broody :D Look at his ickle face! aww!

Re the neutering. All of ours we have waited until after a year. Wasn't a problem with our retriever with the humping. But he started to become dominant with other dogs at about 1 1/2 and he was sent off to the vets. Within a week he was back to his normal ditsy self!

Our lab on the other hand was a randy little creature and he literally hit 365 days and was on the operating table! My sister's schnauzer (mini) was done at 6 months however. Have to say he is definitely less matured mentally and could probably benefited long term from waiting till he was a bit older. he was a serial humper!

Best of luck with him, he looks like he could be a monkey!

noodle_

Visit site
thanks all :)

we will see between 6-12 months about neutering (no question - hes being done!)!

We dont breed anything in our house, i dont intend to start now :)

Max had a fabulous night..... DRY!! he cried for a whole 5 minutes and then konked for the night (12-6.30am) I got up and let him out - NO accidents today at all (tbh we have been in and out the house/garden and encourage weeing)!

Hes a little sod for chewing fingers so sorted that with a nice chewy toy, chewy ball

He loves his crate (after 5 mins of crying once in ) he curls up on the towel i have put as almost another dog? on top of his fleece in the crate :) (newspaper at the front)

Lets hope he conntinues with this :) (doubt it but i can live in hope?) :D

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Give him frozen carrots to chew on and a frozen kong filled with goodies.

I'm amazed you went from springer to cocker! What changed your mind/your mum's mind?

lizness

Visit site
He's lovely, soooo cute!
Winston got done at 6 months mark. Doesn't seem to have done him any harm. Re maturing mentally and early neutering; Are spaniels ever mentally mature? It's part of the charm!

noodle_

Visit site

CT - we concluded that cockers were slightly less mad.... :D we already have a springer x, and did realise soemthing a little smaller would be good (spesh in agility)!

Max has already learnt to sit and almost got the "down" too - in TWO days..... smart puppy :) all learnt through play and chicken flavour treats :D :D :D

Obedience first at 6ish months then onto agility at 12/13+ months :)

this isnt event meant to be my dog, but he totally bonded with me (suppose so seeing as i get up durin gthe night with him and constantly cuddle him lol)!

:D

MurphysMinder

Visit site
He's gorgeous. I started a new job today and they have a liver working cocker called Max. I was looking at his puppy photos and he is a dead ringer for your Max, even got the little white flash on his chest.:)