Meet Ruby

misst

Visit site
Inspired by the new puppy post I thought I would give this a try.
This is Ruby our new girl. IMG_20200205_145733 (003)ruby.jpgIMG_20200209_165330 (003) ruby.jpg pics may not be very good but I am hoping she looks cute.
We picked her up last week from her breeder. She is 18 weeks and fully vaccinated etc so going for walks and enjoying life hugely. Sleeping through the night in her crate and palying with her big brother. We're nearly there on housetraining (95% dry 100% clean).
Some of you may remember me posting about my little JRT Tilly who had dementia. I still miss her but I am enjoying this little one immensely and my other boy is having fun with her. He missed Tilly as well.
Thank you to everyone who helped me with my decision. I still cry but it was the right thing.

misst

Visit site
She is super cuddly except when playing terrierist games with her brother - the noise is deafening.
She does not look like Tilly. I went everywhere to find another tiny tri coloured smooth coated JRT but the only ones I could find were on gum tree. The breeder sent me a picture of her and I realised I could not replace Tilly but I could love another little one. She will be rough coated and bigger than Tilly - so her own person :).

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
She looks gorgeous! WE had 2 x JRT and said never again! So you have my respect. ;) I always think that the way to fill the gap is to get another dog, although they will be their own person, you can't ever replicate the one you have lost. but you can love another.

{97702}

Visit site
OMG she is gorgeous! I want one! George might have other ideas of course.... ?

She is incredibly sweet and pretty, I hope you have loads of fun with her ??

misst

Visit site
Thank you everyone. I am so pleased with her she is super affectionate and quick to learn. Pearlsasinger I think JRTs are an aquired taste but they always float my boat :). They are big dogs in little bodies in every way. Her breeder had a male to sell too and if I could I would have taken both but I think my other terrier would have objected! So would my husband!
It was quite a task to find a "proper" breeder and this one held the litter back so they would not go as xmas presents which I liked.
I did see some "rare lilac dilute" pups on sale online for 3K!! They were beautiful but I wonder what problems they come with.

{97702}

Visit site
So misst..... just asking on behalf of a friend... could you share how you found a proper breeder? Just in case someone perhaps.....maybe..... wanted to look for one in the future for example? ?

That little face ??

misst

Visit site
Levrier you can tell your "friend";-) that if you go onto either the Kennel Club website they have a list of KC registered breeders. This is how I found Ruby - not that I was bothered about being KC registered. There is also a registered breeders site that I used. I was just super wary of using gum tree for terriers as I know lots of JRTs are imported. There are not that many breeders local to me and I had to travel 2 hours to get her. I did see mum, dad, granny and brother and 2 sisters which was reassuring. The sisters have been kept by the breeder as she shows here and abroad. To be honest she was not much more than some of the gumtree ones and she was chipped, vaccinated, wormed, registered and healthy - which was important to me. My vet who is a JRT lover thought she was "perfect".
I do hope your friend finds something for hereself :). George would love a pal I'm sure!

{97702}

Visit site
Levrier you can tell your "friend";-) that if you go onto either the Kennel Club website they have a list of KC registered breeders. This is how I found Ruby - not that I was bothered about being KC registered. There is also a registered breeders site that I used. I was just super wary of using gum tree for terriers as I know lots of JRTs are imported. There are not that many breeders local to me and I had to travel 2 hours to get her. I did see mum, dad, granny and brother and 2 sisters which was reassuring. The sisters have been kept by the breeder as she shows here and abroad. To be honest she was not much more than some of the gumtree ones and she was chipped, vaccinated, wormed, registered and healthy - which was important to me. My vet who is a JRT lover thought she was "perfect".
I do hope your friend finds something for hereself :). George would love a pal I'm sure!

Thank you ??

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
So misst..... just asking on behalf of a friend... could you share how you found a proper breeder? Just in case someone perhaps.....maybe..... wanted to look for one in the future for example? ?

That little face ??
Aha, from a former Lurcher/sight hound lover to another, I think you are now a terrier lover.? They are fabulous, even when they’re being little S.H.I.T.sssss.