...Meet Sam!

hobnob

Visit site
I posted a few months ago on opinions on finding a horse to share... and I've finally found him!

Meet Sam, a 6 year old lightweight cob x gelding! :D Known him for 2 weeks now and still can't stop grinning!

Sam_zpsb9489ce3.png

hobnob

Visit site
Okay gingerarab umm.. ;)

Sadly he has sarcoids which is a damn shame, he's a beautiful boy, but I really like him regardless and he has a forever home with his owner. Treatment is going well, but he hasn't been ridden in a year because of having one in his girth area.

Task is to get back on him, it should be fine as he's been ridden bareback recently and was ridden before sarcoid. Doing lots of groundwork with him as he's a bit bolshy but nothing too major, just gets above himself a bit. He has something about him, a nice attitude... a bit green and spooks a bit but has a good long look and you can see the cogs working ;) :D quick learner too! Really enjoying him already :D

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Lovely! When can you ride properly then? I had one removed from the girth area and was stunned how long it took to heal. On the good side it never came back so worth the wait. Hope it all go's well for you.

hobnob

Visit site
P - thank you! Hoping we'll be able to get back on him next month. Planning to lunge him gently to strengthen him up a little bit and walk him out in hand just to get him used to being out of the field so he's not all WOOHOO when we get on :rolleyes: Owner is having saddle checked and we'll lunge him in his tack to make sure he's comfortable then off we go all being well! :D