Meet the new youngen... Al or Albert as I quite like to name him :)

5horses2dogsandacat

Generally on a hill.. when not blown off the side.
Visit site
Hungarian WB with 007, ramiro, burgraff, jetset D lines.... to make a big 17hh+ (not too much bigger im hoping, im only little!) and a very striking dun.

al5.jpg

Al2.jpg

and Dad...

MyLord.jpg

What do people think??

rhino

Visit site
Surely he's buckskin, not dun? Cute foal anyway :) Is it just me or is there rather a lot of ragwort in those photos :eek:

I hope he fits right in with the rest of your herd :) Please update us on his progress x

BonneMaman

Visit site
Duns are duns and always will be duns to me - buckskin is an Americanism and should stay as such.

He is gorgeous - are we allowed to ask what sort of price range he was in?

Best of luck and fun with him.

rhino

Visit site
Duns are duns and always will be duns to me - buckskin is an Americanism and should stay as such.

That is what I used to think too but genetically they are completely different. Only a few breeds carry the 'true' dun gene :) It is not an 'Americanism' but rather a lack of understanding about genetics.

Think the ragfork would be a great idea OP :D :D

Dot2dot

Visit site
Could I ask how old he is and how big he is at the moment? Curious as I have put a deposit on a foal that is 5 months old approx 13.1 and supposed to make around 17hh.

crellow4

Visit site
Buckskin is the effect of the dilute gene on a Bay, in the same was Palamino is a diluted chestnut. Your boy is definately NOT Dun but Buckskin, he should develop into a handsome chap.

Enfys

Visit site
Bonne Maman; [Duns are duns and always will be duns to me - buckskin is an Americanism and should stay as such.]

That is what I used to think too but genetically they are completely different. Only a few breeds carry the 'true' dun gene :) It is not an 'Americanism' but rather a lack of understanding about genetics.

Quarter horses amongst them, I have dun and buckskin QH's :)

5H, very striking looking chap you have there, purple with pink spots and horns, who cares? If he turns out to be all you want then you can't ask for more:) It will be interesting to see how his colour develops as he matures.

Last edited: