Megazorb Bedding

emmysophie96

Visit site
My friend uses it. She switched completely to it but now mixes it with her normal shavings. Her boy is VERY WET, the mix seems to work well. Another girl at the yard switched but switched back because the found she was going through more shavings.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Excellent bedding for widdly types. Chancer was on it the first year I had him. He has now transformed from a piddly filthy yearling into a very clean four year old who pees in one spot and poos at the back of the stable. He is on shavings again plan to use a megazorb base this year with shavings on top so I can deep litter and take out wet every few weeks.

Farra - as soon as her bed has gone down she is going onto megazorb with her rubber mats - she is a big horse - 17 hands in a 12 x 12 stable so rather messy. Megazorb will help by soaking up the pee and very easy to just take out the poo.

You do need to start with a good deep bed, just skip out poo for first couple of weeks to allow it to set into a good base. Then dig out wet few few weeks and add a bag a week.

rcm_73

Visit site
Thanks, have started the beds off with 8 bags in 12x12 stables on top of (3)rubber mats, is that about adequate? Sounds good stuff though, so far only heard good about it!

spaniel

Visit site
I used it for many years and cannot praise it highly enough. As previous poster says you do need to leave the base alone for a week or two rather than take out wet bits. You will be amazed how much it sucks up!

Theresa_F

Visit site
That should be plenty - I am going to use 5 bags to cover half of a 12 x 12 stable and even though on mats have a feeling I will need a bag a week, purely as Farra is one big mucky mare.

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
QR
I use it under straw. The only reason I've moved on to Megazorb + straw is that my lad kicks his poo around the stable and so I spend the whole of my life picking up tiny bits of poo. For some reason on straw he doesn't kick it around and mucking out is cut down to about 10 mins twice a day rather than 20 minutes each time! I take the poo and any damp straw twice a day but only take out the the very wet megazorb and replace with one bag once a week.

chunkytfg

Visit site
I use it on rubber mats for our messy boy but only use probably 2-3 bags for the entire stable and muck out every day fully.

the sheer amount it soaks up impresses us and we use maybe a bag a week