Megazorb?

hobgoblin

Visit site
I'm looking at megazorb for bedding next winter as a replacement for shavings
Any body have any experiences? Looks quite labour saving?? I have 4 2, fairly clean and 2 stinkers I would buy in bulk by the pallet load and cheapest ive found is about £6.50 inc delivery so should work out a bit cheaper than shavings????

appylass

Visit site
I absolutely love it. If money was no object I would choose it every time. It is expensive to start a bed off (which is my problem!) but after that is very economical as it is so absorbent. IMO it does need to be deep littered to get the best results though I have used it both ways.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I use it on rubber mats (not deep littered). It is fabulous. Definitely the best bedding ever. Not quite as cheap as wood pellets though so I don't use it for all the stables. The cheapest I have found for a full pallet of 60 delivered is £395, so £6.58 a bag from Vale animal Care. Where have you found it for £6.50?

hobgoblin

Visit site
Oh I also found cheapest at vale and with a calculator it is £6.58 never been very good at Maths lol!
I'm definitely going to go for it as I'm sick of shavings and they are just too expensive how many pallets do you think I would need?

Theresa_F

Visit site
I used to use it, it is very good bedding but now use wood pellets as for me, they do as good a job and are cheaper. For summer use, megazorb would be better as pellet beds can be dusty at that time of year unless you damp them down.

Far better than shavings for dirty horses as the poo sits on top once it has had a while to settle and wet is very easy to get out.

Henbug

Visit site
Used it for a while (bit over a year) and loved it but changed about a year ago to straw pellets. They're cheaper and I find them even easier than megazorb. I prefer straw pellets to wood pellets for three reasons, firstly they don't need to have water added to break them down, secondly I found looking at other peoples wood pellet beds that they tended to form something of a concrete base if not turned over regularly, the straw pellets don't do this and thirdly I find they don't go as dusty as wood pellets. The real difference I find between them is that in summer the straw pellets can go a little dry and in winter the megazorb can go a little damp! Perhaps the perfect solution is straw pellets in winter and megazorb in summer :D

tabithakat64

Visit site
I've recently gone back to using Megazorb, I've tried every type of bedding for one of mine (she box walks) and this works best. I use it semi-deep littered over rubber matting.
I put a bag in every seven to ten days so it's not two expensive.