Memory Lane

kayt

Visit site
I think that you will all be too young but your parents might remember. I used to ride at two places in Newcastle also at Heddon on the Wall and Walbottle. One Newcastle one was just over a road onto the Town Moor and another one run by an Irishman called Danny McGowan, I think. The others were run by a Mr Heslop and called The Pegasus Pony Club. Must be going back to the late 40`s I have looked on Google maps but dont recpgnize anywhere, it was a long time ago. I left the North as there was not much work with horses up there and came to Gloucestershire which is where I still am.

flirtygerty

Visit site
The yard backing onto the Town Moor is Kenton RS, it is still there I believe.
As a young teenager I used to volunteer at Murton RS, when it was still using old railway vans as stables and stalls for the ponies, happy days.

Borderreiver

Visit site
I remember Danny's on the Town Moor and also Murton when it first opened, before the indoor school was built. My riding days began in 1965 though, before Murton, at Hoods on Whickham Highway. Summer horsey courses kept us busy, picnic rides and a gymkhana on the Friday all for the princely sum of £3/10 shillings.