Menapausal Dressage: what fun ...!

Stella

Visit site
Dressage today - it followed a night of 'hot flushes' and a morning of being on planet hormone

So my head was all over the place (everywhere but where it should be) which led to me arriving late, being tacked-up and 'ready'ish late. I realised going into the warm-up that I only had 4 minutes before my test
shocked.gif
Very spooky environment - new to us, so Flora was tense, I was flustered and tense, so Flora was more tense. The 4 minutes were spent with me telling myself to get a grip so that I could help Flora to relax. Then we were called in, got to trot around on each rein and we were doing the test
crazy.gif
She had her head up like a giraffe the entire time keeping her eyes on the gallery and kitchen, but she was a very good girl (lots of horses were doing big 'working shys'). I know the test, but I forgot it twice - once was an error of course, the second time the penny dropped before we got to that point
blush.gif

I came home with the best horse though. God love her, it really was pretty spooky and mum's head was on another planet, yet she did as well as she could
smile.gif
Amazingly, despite all of the chaos, we did get 59% and came 5th in a large class!

I was helped enormously by a friend who was with us and who has a real flair for the 'calming influence' - cheers mate
smile.gif

alicedove

Visit site
Aaah Stella you poor thing. Nice that you can see the good side of the whole scenario. Next time you go to the vry same place, you'll be GREATTT out of interest where were you?

Stella

Visit site
Thanks, yes, I feel sure that it will be better next time. Especially as I usually ensure that we have 25 minutes to warm-up! We were are Durham Dressage. A long way from you I think.