Mens wellies

chaps89

Visit site
OH is being very obliging about spending time up at the yard, and as it is often underwater, his walking boots aren't cutting it.
So I'd like to buy him some wellies. He has size 13 feet.
I personally love my le chameau but I'm afraid to say I'm not spending that much on him (if it can be helped. I justify the cost to myself as I wear mine daily but it seems excessive when he won't be)
Budget of around £50 would be ideal.
Any recommendations please?

Sealine

Visit site
I bought these for my husband a couple of weeks ago for dog walking and he tells me they're like wearing slippers :)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/arnay-lightweight-rubber-wellies/_/R-p-X8397357?mc=8397357

ETA: Sorry they don't do a size 13 :( But if I remember correctly he's normally a size 9 but bought a 7 in these (they were in the bargain bin for £50). I don't know if it's just this pair that had odd sizing or if they generally come up large.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Have a look on ebay for Le Chameau's . My BIL is a size 12/13 and always boasts that he can get brand new LC's at a knock down price on ebay because he's an odd/large size ( and bare in mind that LC's come up big so a 12 might do ? ).

NB Just had a quick look on ebay and there are some brand new LC size 12's for ( starting bid ) 99p and some at £29.99 . Also some 12.5's for £69.99 . ;)

Last edited:

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I went to Wynnstay and bought some of the cotswold compass? Wellies for my OH. About £70? They actually look really good and I’m going to get some for myself to try! Nice thick sole and neoprene lined!

pansymouse

Visit site
For a good quality basic non-fashion/status statement welly you can't beat Dunlop Puroforts - mine are just going into their fifth winter and are as good as when they were new. They have by far the best grip I've seen - I only feel safe negotiating the muddy slope to our field in them. I searched farmers forums for recommendations and they came up time and again as the preferred choice.