Met fawns big bro this AM

Fairynuff

Visit site
I was having breakfast at 6 this morning when a neighbour called me. "Theres a deer caught up in your sheep netting". Went down in my PJs and armed with a bath towel. Neighbour came too although would have been better if hed stayed at home. First time in my life Ive had to wrestle a male roe deer to the ground! Never realised before how sharp and dangerous their horns are. Lucky for me and the deer he was a young one, full grown Id have had to call other neighbour and have him shot. I managed to blindfold him and lying on top of him managed to unravel the netting from his horns.All the while I was wondering how to explain gore wounds to the AE at the local hospital. I rolled up into a ball and let him loose, neighbour went arse over tit in his rush to get out of the way which had me peeing with laughter. Deer is fine but sheep netting is buggered.
First question-what would you have done?
Second question-male roe deer with 2 prongs, are they 2 years old and what weight can they reach when fully grown?
Life is never boring here. Sorry, no photos this time and to be honest hope not to have a replay. Mairi. Ps, they dont smell very nice at close contact.

Karla

Visit site
Sounds as if you did the right thing Mairi!

I'm more concerned that you have breakfast at 6!!! Are you a farmer?

Clodagh

Visit site
A new sport? Stag/ Buck wrestling? In the blue corner...Mairi wearing her PJs and armed with a towle.

Wish I could have seen it!!

I would have got OH to deal with it, I'm a wuss!

Fairynuff

Visit site
He wasnt very big but boy could he fight back-he was terrified poor sod. Hope I dont meet his dad! Thanks for the link. M. :)