Micklem Bridle Fitting Advice?

bitlessbill

Visit site
I have heard they come up small so can anyone advise which one I should go for? I have a 14hh Dales pony with a short wide head. A regular cob noseband fits him on the last hole but he only needs pony cheekpieces. I have asked on the hire a micklem site but the only response I got was are you going to buy one from me? so obviously don't give advice until you have handed over money!

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I have heard they come up small so can anyone advise which one I should go for? I have a 14hh Dales pony with a short wide head. A regular cob noseband fits him on the last hole but he only needs pony cheekpieces. I have asked on the hire a micklem site but the only response I got was are you going to buy one from me? so obviously don't give advice until you have handed over money!

Not sure if they are small but I got the 'small horse' size and it fits my 14.3 WB and also a 15.2 WB and a 16.1 WB. The 16.1 takes a full size bridle but on almost the tightest hole. So I don't think they are small really.

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
i have a 14.2hh gypsy cob, i bought the cob size (small horse) but it was too tight on the nose band (he has a wide head). so i sold it and got the next size up, i was worried about the rest of the bridle being too big but it's not. theres loads of adjustment. so if your cob nose band is snug i suggest the next size up, if getting from a tack shop mine told me I could try it on and take it back. I had used the cob one a couple of times (really hard to get on and i decided too tight after 2 rides!) so I sold it for near the new price (and had loads of offers!). i got my second one from Edgemere who were happy to swap it if it didnt fit :)