Micklem bridles- your thoughts please

pansymouse

Visit site
I have one that I use as a sidepull bitless and am very pleased with it in terms of design. The quality of the leather is not the best but I am used to Kate Negus bridle wear for my bitted bridle and the quality of that is right at the top level.

Mari

Visit site
I use a Micklem, I don't think it does avoid pressure on the tongue, there may be slightly less pressure but the bit still rests on the tongue. I put my horse in a Micklem to see if it made a difference with the tongue issues he has. It didn't but he seems to like it better than a conventional bridle.

LovesBayPonies

Visit site
Hi there :)`
I have used this bridle on my 13.2 in between sizes pony, i bought the pony size which just fits him on the largest holes. The leather is nice quality and the bridle looks smart with the brass buckles. The metal loop on the top of he noseband is also useful for lunging. However I dislike the inflexibility of this bridle, the drop noseband works but when i wanted to get him going nicely without, i couldn't with this bridle. Also with his bit, the bit clips were too large and just flapped about uselessly, and when i wanted to use a gag bit, again I had to use a different bridle as it couldn't adjust to fit with it. I haven't tried the bitless options as he goes very nicely in a hackamore so haven't tried them. A very nice bridle but for me and my pony it doesn't really work, and it didn't really make any difference to his way of going, but thats just whats happened for us, it could be marvelous for a different horse! :D