Micklem competition bridle - views?

AlisonM

Visit site
Hi, does anyone have a view on these? I've got a slightly mouthy 6yo with a definite tenancy for tongue over the bit! Currently ridden in flash. Also are they dressage legal? Many thanks as ever guys!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Dressage legal without the plastic bit clips .
I like mine I have two one multibridle and a competition one .
Defiantly worth a try a try.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
We have a competition Bridle and it made a massive difference to our mare. The only thing we have found is that once she was eventing fit she wasn't as happy in it and constantly dropped behind the bridle, she is now back in the grackle and happy, over winter when she is not fully fit and just doing the odd dressage and show jumping outing it is like magic!

rising_promise

Visit site
I bought one for my mare who also had tongue over the bit issues. Never whilst working but as soon as we stood still (chatting to trainer during lesson, waiting to go into the SJ ring etc), she would flip her tongue out. This was in a loose cavesson.

I changed to the Micklem after trying a friends and it was great, no tongue antics. After about a week she started doing it again and did it occasionally for a month or so but then stopped and nothing since so will be keeping it on her.

She finds it very comfy and doesn't complain about having it on like I've found with some other bridles where she'll rub her face when they go on.

Definitely worth a go.

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
I have just bought one and tried to fit it this evening. I think I may have to use a different bit, I'm currently using a myler 2 stage bit and it doesn't seem to sit properly, not sure if I am doing something wrong. Will go back to some kind of snaffle and see how that works, unless anyone has a secret I don't know about? :)

Bing184

Visit site
I have a micklem for my 6 year old mare and it is he best bridle I have ever used, they are very comfy and she goes so much better in it compared to other bridles, I have a hanging cheek happy mouth snaffle and I am able to use the bridle for everything. I would highly recommend one. They are also dressage legal 😊