Micklem Deluxe Competition Bridle

EventingMum

Visit site
Having heard that the quality of the leather used for Micklem bridles isn't very good I wondered if anyone had tried the Deluxe Competition Bridle and if it's any better? I'm considering trying one on my horse but don't want something with poor quality leather. I know you can hire them and may consider that but will need to see if you can hire the deluxe version. Also my horse sometimes rubs his head on his knee after working and William Micklem says that's due to the discomfort of a normal bridle in the fitting video - has anyone found their horse doesn't do it once wearing a Micklem bridle?

Mrs G

Visit site
I have no experience with the deluxe version but I do have the ordinary competition bridle and while I'm no expert on leather I think the quality is fine! I have to confess though, my horse still rubs his face/head on his knee after riding even with his micklem x

FfionWinnie

Visit site
It didn't look any better to me.

However I had no issues with mine and used it for 2 years. Seems like oiling them is a bad move and they thrive on neglect lol

Emms321

Visit site
I have the deluxe version and really like it and think the leather quality is good. I originally bought one in 2013 and the leather quality was poor and the underside of parts of the bridle leather started to 'peel'. I complained to the retailer who asked me to return the bridle with my receipt and I was given a full and prompt refund which I used to get the deluxe version. Happy with the bridle and the retailer and Rambo Micklem's customer service.

Fiona

Visit site
I was in a tack shop on Saturday, and after recent comments on here I was interested to see one...

I have to say it doesn't look like great leather to me... Nothing like a Jeffries bridle anyway.

Fiona