Mid-December weekend plans?

millitiger

Visit site
Any fun plans this weekend?

My main relief is the weather looks a bit more settled and my winter field is getting a chance to dry up a bit, hurrah!

This weekend we are off to do our first Medium.
Having ridden through it for the first time today, I feel woefully underprepared. 🙈
However we won't get any better staying in our confidence zone so off we go to get a sheet of things to work on.

We got our Elementary qualifier emails through yesterday from BD.
I was very surprised we did enough to qualify for Regionals as only been out twice in 6 months.
So the decision now is do we do Areas or Regionals? 😕 Everything is at least 100miles and 2 hours in the lorry which doesn't help!

Have fun all!

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck with the Medium! They're much more fun to ride than Elementaries IMHO :) Personally I'd go for Areas, the Regionals are packed with pros these days even at Silver.

Not a lot planned here - I'm getting over a cold and have a few Christmas dos this weekend so been keeping the daytimes quiet (in case of hangover :p). I seem to have hit on a better way of working Chilli during the week - he's been a nightmare to ride after work, tense and distracted, so I've started keeping his fieldmate in with him then turning them both out afterwards as I suspected he was getting FOMO when Pocholo was turned out! They don't whinny to each other but Chilli just seemed p*ssed off. So far this week he's been 100% better - more relaxed, less distracted and we've had some productive sessions. I've been giving Pocholo some carrots to make up for it and he seems quite pleased with the arrangement too ;)

southerncomfort

Visit site
Hacking today. This will be the third time he's been hacked out with my friend's new pony. They are both 7 so we expected some shenanigans but they are both very well behaved in each others company!

Feet trimming tomorrow morning and then practicing some of the things that have been covered in Evie O' Keefe's weekly TREC webinar.

Sunday we're heading down to my folks for a pre Christmas family get together. 🌲
Have a good one everyone!

Taliesan

Visit site
I am hoping that this weekend I can ride Jack to practice some of the stuff I've been working on in my lessons with Dan Wain and take Apollo out for some nice walks. The past few weeks have been a write off for me with the cold, wet weather. When my Reynaud's gets going I can't hold the reins, let alone a lead rope, so there is no point in even trying to do anything as I am not in the right physical or mental space. (I don't think it is fair for me to work with my boys when my temper is short because my hands hurt and I am grumpy.)

The less good news is my horsebox needs £2k's worth of work doing on it, so I need to get that SORN'd and start saving. Still, it could be worse, everything is fixable and I am hopeful that the van will be as good as new when all of the niggles with it are resolved.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I look forward to reading about how all of your horsey plans went.

Michen

Visit site
I am hoping that this weekend I can ride Jack to practice some of the stuff I've been working on in my lessons with Dan Wain and take Apollo out for some nice walks. The past few weeks have been a write off for me with the cold, wet weather. When my Reynaud's gets going I can't hold the reins, let alone a lead rope, so there is no point in even trying to do anything as I am not in the right physical or mental space. (I don't think it is fair for me to work with my boys when my temper is short because my hands hurt and I am grumpy.)

The less good news is my horsebox needs £2k's worth of work doing on it, so I need to get that SORN'd and start saving. Still, it could be worse, everything is fixable and I am hopeful that the van will be as good as new when all of the niggles with it are resolved.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I look forward to reading about how all of your horsey plans went.

Heated gloves are a game changer for my reynauds, in Colorado they are essential!!

Taliesan

Visit site
Heated gloves are a game changer for my reynauds, in Colorado they are essential!!
I am amazed anyone can survive in and actually do things outside in Colorado when they have reynauds!

I have tried heated gloves before but I find that they are too bulky for me to do anything that requires any level of dexterity. Which ones did you find worked well for you? I have some Sealskinz waterproof gloves at the moment which, although not the warmest, do stop my hands from getting wet which is a real killer when it is cold and windy.

Michen

Visit site
I am amazed anyone can survive in and actually do things outside in Colorado when they have reynauds!

I have tried heated gloves before but I find that they are too bulky for me to do anything that requires any level of dexterity. Which ones did you find worked well for you? I have some Sealskinz waterproof gloves at the moment which, although not the warmest, do stop my hands from getting wet which is a real killer when it is cold and windy.
I can't remember the name sorry, they were from amazon. I agree too bulky to school in, I end up taking them on and off for things but find I can do stuff then reheat my hands quickly and surviive!
Chammy wellies were the only thing in england that kept toes ok

dottylottie

Visit site
i’m doing my first dressage test in about 7 years tomorrow🤣 just an into a, but on a friends very green pony who i’ve ridden once🙈 thankfully he’s a very good boy, just wibbly wobbly and stiff bless him. neither of us are into dressage, but seeing what a short day we’re having tomorrow i might sack off the showing lark and convert!😂🥴

hope everyone has/is having a good weekend!

SEL

Visit site
i’m doing my first dressage test in about 7 years tomorrow🤣 just an into a, but on a friends very green pony who i’ve ridden once🙈 thankfully he’s a very good boy, just wibbly wobbly and stiff bless him. neither of us are into dressage, but seeing what a short day we’re having tomorrow i might sack off the showing lark and convert!😂🥴

hope everyone has/is having a good weekend!
I was practicing intro A earlier this morning - if my lorry behaves then we have our second attempt next week. First attempt Babycob threw in some interesting unplanned shapes. Apparently when you cross X with those two half circles it's ok to hump your back and squeal 🙄. We also found a piaffe instead of halt.

I'm sure your test will actually be what is written down rather than freestyle - good luck!

dottylottie

Visit site
I was practicing intro A earlier this morning - if my lorry behaves then we have our second attempt next week. First attempt Babycob threw in some interesting unplanned shapes. Apparently when you cross X with those two half circles it's ok to hump your back and squeal 🙄. We also found a piaffe instead of halt.

I'm sure your test will actually be what is written down rather than freestyle - good luck!

crossing my fingers for the lorry and the pony to behave! our practice run didn’t look half as bad as it felt, but we did have an impromptu walk on a free rein - in the middle of a 20m circle in trot🙃😂 it’ll make for interesting viewing if nothing else i suppose!

thankyou & you too!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Oh fab result, well done @millitiger!

No riding for me at least until the New Year. Turns out the fatigue I've been struggling with is probably Long Covid so I've dropped quite a lot of work and life things to try to pace myself. This is pants although I think it probably explains why confidence randomly dipped again recently - I'm just generally not all that resilient at the moment.

I am going dressage writing tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. Weather doesn't look too cold and we're indoors. Pleased to see a few more Novice entries and an Elementary - I like the variety and good experience for me writing for different levels of test.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Wahhhhhh...
We got 68.8% in our first Medium, we even got 2 x 8s and some 7.5s.
I love my boy so much, what a superstar ❣️
Congratulations! You must be chuffed with that!

I went out to a very low key pole/jumping clinic today. Was very pleased that Blue behaved so well throughout, we even finished by cantering over some poles. I opted not to jump, but feel like I could have a go at some cross poles if we went again.

But was just pleased that we could go out and he could behave sensibly, because it gives me the confidence that we could actually go out an do other things!

humblepie

Visit site
Oh fab result, well done @millitiger!

No riding for me at least until the New Year. Turns out the fatigue I've been struggling with is probably Long Covid so I've dropped quite a lot of work and life things to try to pace myself. This is pants although I think it probably explains why confidence randomly dipped again recently - I'm just generally not all that resilient at the moment.

I am going dressage writing tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. Weather doesn't look too cold and we're indoors. Pleased to see a few more Novice entries and an Elementary - I like the variety and good experience for me writing for different levels of test.
Not really a like and hope you start feeling better soon.

little_critter

Visit site
Gave up with box rest with my box and chucked him out. It was getting dangerous trying to hand walk him (for both of us).
After 30 minutes of bursts of silliness he settled down to the job of eating grass and we had a much calmer walk this afternoon.

Squeak

Visit site
I had a dream weekend, I got to compete in the showing classes at London International Horse Show and it was the most incredible experience. We only dabble in a bit of showing so to have qualified and got there was a dream come true and to come back with rosettes was more than I could have hoped for.

Incredibly humbled by my horse who gave me everything when we were there and pulled out the performances when it counted and didn't put a foot wrong in a huge and busy atmosphere.

It was the perfect end to our competing this year, where my boy has exceeded expectations in everything he's done. Things can be so tough with horses and so it's nice to be able to savour a high when they're here.

j1ffy

Visit site
I had a dream weekend, I got to compete in the showing classes at London International Horse Show and it was the most incredible experience. We only dabble in a bit of showing so to have qualified and got there was a dream come true and to come back with rosettes was more than I could have hoped for.

Incredibly humbled by my horse who gave me everything when we were there and pulled out the performances when it counted and didn't put a foot wrong in a huge and busy atmosphere.

It was the perfect end to our competing this year, where my boy has exceeded expectations in everything he's done. Things can be so tough with horses and so it's nice to be able to savour a high when they're here.
Well done!!! I feel we need some photos though 😉

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site

That sounds amazing! Well done :)

Agree with jiffy, we need pics! :D