midarc working hunter show help.. please :-)

smossy

Visit site
Can some one give us some tips please.
Young girl has qualified my pony for working hunter MM and has to do a show containing,, 3 loop serpentine,2x 20 mtr circles on 1 each rein, 5 sec halt and trot across diagonal and free walk.I have never done anything like this and she never had to do it at the local show. Where is the best place for the walk.whats it need to show if you get the gist. Thanks.

Marciamac

Visit site
Devise a show that flows: it's smooth and easy for you and pony. So you could, for example, come out of line up in walk and turn towards one end in trot, start your circle and pick up canter, trot across the diagonal, start another circle and pick up canter, then trot serpentine; when you finish serpentine, halt, and then free walk down long side and back to judge, where you halt and salute. Imagine it as a dressage arena with markers, so you know where to start and finish your movements. Hope this helps.

dan5522

Visit site
are you sure about the requirements? i know that they are the requirements for the "winner takes all" class on the saturday evening....i would check again!

smossy

Visit site
checked site,yes your right,thanks. Oh well she has been practicing,so wont hurt..... lol bit of schooling
Should have checked myself before.
Thanks for that will text her now and make her day.