Mighty midget's mega P2 and P13 report!

Hallo2012

Visit site
well......not done one of these for a while :)

Mighty midget toddled off for his second outing under saddle this weekend (he's done loads in hand so is very worldly wise hence i never really expect any trouble from him, but you never quite trust a 4yo do you!) however need not have worried as he was his usual angelic self despite my dad coming to watch (dad is the vector of all bad behavior in equines..............stand him near a riding school cob and watch it bronc people off left right and center!)

He has the best brain and its quite novel for me that warming up is no longer a death defying experience, and that I don't have to avoid other people at all costs.........he's perfectly happy weaving around everyone else and is the lovely sort where you can give him a break, have a chat to people, mooch around on a long rein a bit and when you pick him up.....he's just totally 100% ON IT and ready to go again, just picks up where you put him down......total sweetheart.

for his age and experience I couldn't have asked any more from him in the ring....need to work on the balance so I can get a bit deeper in to corners and set things up a bit easier but that will come with time :)

P2 only real mistake was that I took my eye off the ball for a second or two in the second canter and he broke momentarily however we walked, we stretched and we actually halted and stood still (he's a real buzzy sort so steady walking and immobility are not currently his strong points!)

P13 the trot flowed much better, but the walk was VERY bouncey and soooooooo nearly jogging and he just lost a bit of balance in right canter.

finished up 4th in both with 63.86% and 64.41%

couldnt be happier with him :) next stop is Keysoe Pl for the 4yo pony test..............under no illusions about this one, we are going to make up numbers, get some nice pics and have some cheesey chips with friends, but it will be a lovely show and good experience for us both.

raf1.jpgraf2.jpgraf3.jpgraf4.jpgraf5.jpg

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
He's a dude, love watching your updates on facebook :), super well done and can't wait for the Keysoe report and pics!!

vickie123

Visit site
I love the first picture :D what a good boy for behaving so well and great scores too. He looks like he’s going to be lots of fun.

Hallo2012

Visit site
thanks all!

he has got a super brain, very consistent day to day bless him.

really looking forward to Keysoe(even if they judges will be very confused by the tiny pony whizzing round!)

TPO

Visit site
He is the definition of a Dude and a handsome one at that!

Well done on your successful outing and good luck for the next one:)