Mike falls off and Karma bites large Irish draught on the Bum

Mike007

Visit site
As Above. Bob the nota cob has been poorly for a few days but is on the mend so I took him for a hack "around the block". On our way back , close to home I spot that the neighbor is topping his field the other side of the hedge to the bridle path. I thought that if I trotted on briskly ,the worst that would happen would be that he would shoot forwards. I underestimated his athletic abilities or clearly his mum enrolled him for Ballet classes as a youngster(this could in fact explain a lot about him!). The resulting pirouette left me standing on one stirrup . My first thought was "I have recovered from worse" My second was "Have I *******s!)At about this time I fell ,or rather plummeted. Slap bang flat out on hard chalk. ..........And laughed with relief!
I have desperately needed this for a long time.

Some Two and a half years ago I had the fall from hell that you dont walk away from and it left permanent damage and deeper mental scars. Today I felt a whole burden of fear just melt away.and I laughed ,and also groaned a bit. And then Karma bit Bob on the Bum!

Bob is not exactly famed for his loyalty to a fallen rider and decided ,as usual to scarper (Scarper flo... Go cockney riming slang) Anyway his path was now blocked by a very considerate tractor driver . His stable mates came galloping over to see what was going on too. And here Bob made his fatal mistake ! He decided to demonstrate his "cool" by chewing the fence! Perhaps I could have shouted ,but to be honest ,i thought ,what the hell. His face was a picture as he clamped down on the electric fence band ! I will probably spend more time in hell for the way I laughed . Its Karma Bob but not as we know it

Mike007

Visit site
Ha ha Brilliant and im glad you had the fall you needed!

That is exactly it ,it was the fall I desperately needed.Of course now I am feeling guilty because perhaps bob knew I needed it and laughing at him was unfair? Edited to add that the way he ran away last time didnt exactly earn him any medals

Rivendell

Visit site
I was in a similar situation and was terrified of falling off after 2 nasty falls. I fell off at a spook onto soft ground and realised it isn't so bad! Why was I holding myself back from really enjoying riding when falling off isn't always going to hurt?! My horse started to bolt then common sense got the better of her and she came back to me. If she had actually bolted I would have gladly seen her get an electric shock!

I think in Bob's case it was your guardian angel saying "ok well done, that fall was perfect... now remember our agreement and don't do it again!".

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Ouch! I think that was rather clever of Bob... taking care of his rider's fall-phobia........welll, pnly clever up to the point where he bit the fence!

I can empathise about fear of falling. I returned to riding after a long break and got myself scared of falling as I hadn't hit the deck in so long. When I finally did (thanks also to a cob. They really are gifted in this stuff) I was quite relieved, if a little sore.

I hope you are ok today and not too bruised. On the plus side, I suspect Bob is unlikely to take up crib biting after his attempt at biting the fence!!!

Luci07

Visit site
Really funny!

And for those of you who have a real fear of coming off... I would suggest you look into a session where you are taught to fall correctly. You can do this safely without injury as well.

I can fall off perfectly now, thanks to numerous horses over the years. On the bright side, it helped with my skiing as I have learnt to relax when I fall and it has saved me a lot of injuries!