Mildly teary eye

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The last two days, think I noticed it yesterday morning or the day before Cecil had a slightly teary eye.
No gunk, no itchiness or signs of irritation. Sometimes it’s completely dry and then it tears again 39039D63-EF5B-4EDC-B581-74D8BBF89446.jpeg934C6D02-AC62-4C8F-89B6-F25E4B836B21.jpeg

Pictures are at its worst so it’s not awful but it’s also not normal for him and it’s only that eye.

Any ideas? He has a vet appointment this Thursday anyway. I don’t really want to bring that forward because it’s a 3 in one apt and was the soonest they could do it so I’d have to go twice.
I’m a serious instant vet with horse eyes but this seems so vague, not to mention hit and miss, guarantee I’ll make an emergency appointment and it will be bone dry.
Just odd it comes and go’s

paisley

Visit site
Mine has the tiniest cyst on his inner eyelid and does the same. It’s been checked and all is fine, it does seem to be more noticeable when it’s been windy. I had drops to lubricate the eye but it seemed to make it worse. As long as he’s not rubbing it, and the conjunctiva as a normal pink I leave it. I can tell when something has aggravated his eye, all the blood vessels in her eye and under his eyelid become very noticeable. He has had conjunctivitis more than once 🤦🏻‍♀️ , I assume it’s to make sure we don’t miss the obligatory monthly vet visit 😳

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I did wonder wind. It’s been so windy that the yard has dried and dusty bits are swirling. I kept getting hay and bits blowing in my face.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Maybe I’m a bad owner but I wouldn’t be rushing for an emergency vet appointment for that - and I will admit I’m paranoid about eyes!

My little JRT girl seems to have gunk in the corner of her eye quite often in the morning - she had a full MOT with her vaccination yesterday and they didn’t find any problems (other than she is a little bit fat!)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Maybe I’m a bad owner but I wouldn’t be rushing for an emergency vet appointment for that - and I will admit I’m paranoid about eyes!

My little JRT girl seems to have gunk in the corner of her eye quite often in the morning - she had a full MOT with her vaccination yesterday and they didn’t find any problems (other than she is a little bit fat!)
I think I’d be happier with a bit of gunk.
In horses I know tearing is a sign of eye pain (we had a uveitis sufferer)
So green gack doesn’t bother me but I have no idea if tears are awful in dogs!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Update was he had some dye popped in and did show a bit more uptake than he should ideally have done so it’s a very mild conjunctivitis which combined with the bum licking that I’d taken him for points towards a slight allergy.
His eyes haven’t watered since this photo!
We spoke about changing food, in particular protein sources. I’d planned to do that, however having got home it occurred to me that we did this when he was a puppy and I finally settled on a food that didn’t make him itch. It’s single protein and fish based.

However, and this is where I’ve been an idiot I think, he comes out with Bertie all the time and when I’m treating Bertie (young being trained) I’m feeding him the same treats which are not fish based so I think it’s my fault.
Im going to take a tiny bit of his own food out with us for a week or two and see if that makes a difference before for so long. 🤞