Milton Keynes BE90 Report!!!

Cruiseonamiro

Visit site
My first report in a while; possibly because we havent been to a single competition in 8 months! Nothing, not even unaffiliated dressage. Decided to enter milton keynes BE intro for some reason, considering we'd done nothing and it's a good two hours away.

Luckily we got fairly respectable times, 3.40 dressage, so set off from home at about 11, to make sure i had time to remember exactly what i was doing!

Walked both courses and was pleasantly surprised, nothing too difficult out xc or sj, although i was concerned we may be a bit rusty at things such as the sunken road at 9, and the steps up to barrels at 18. Was, for once, not feeling at all nervous and actually pretty calm and relaxed!

Went off in blazing heat to do our dressage. Warmed up really sweetly and went straight in. Test was, to be honest, a bit middling for us. Not the best test he's ever produced but definitely the best for BE, with some really nice canter work coming through. Left feeling quietly confident that we'd done a 38 ish test so was pleasantly surprised to get 33, the best in my section being about 27 and the worst 42.

Quick change and onto showjumping, decided to jump round in the loose ring snaffle. Warmed up, just popped a few fences. It was difficult to know when to warm up as, urm, polite questions were seemingly not allowed, let's just say. Went in after jumping a couple of cross poles, and upright and an oxer. Jumped round - was a bit hairy, I missed a few strides and he was strong in that bit but it was clear, our first BE clear showjumping.

New brakes for XC, a tom thumb. Popped two fences and went straight round - in the absolute pouring rain!! Had a bit of a sticky moment at four, a flower bed hidden behind the hedge, which boyo didn't see, misread and then launched himself over at the last minute. Unfortunately this was caught on camera! Also had problems at 6. The flag to the corner was down - and I had to check myself to remember whether we were actually meant to jump it! Brought him back to trot and made up my mind to jump it, shouting "flags down!" Managed to keep straight. Jumped round the rest beautifully, a bit sticky but really pleasing!

Ended on a 33 double clear, to come 8th out of 42, at our first competition in 8 months! Very chuffed.
*Pimms to those who get this far!*
Pics to follow xx

only_me

Visit site
brill well done! sounds like a fantastic start back to competing
grin.gif

now_loves_mares

Visit site
So pleased to see you back on here - not least because your lovely horse is so closely related to mine
tongue.gif

Very well done, though I have to say that was tough competition to come 8th on a score of 33. But double clear with a nice dressage - can't ask for much more than that
grin.gif

Jul

Visit site
Fantastic result! Agree with now_loves_mares that I would expect 33 to finish higher than 8th so you must have had a very strong section. Well done!

DW Team

Visit site
Wow well done you after 8 month lay off very impressive result. Nice to see you back on here. Good luck with the PC events look forward to reading more.