Pictures Mimosa and those that ride seasonally with canines

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Starting a new non-contentious thread. Do you think I got away with it?

Horses in, breakfast served. Mim more interested in my coffee!

BA96AC24-4B4A-456B-99D0-1E227D7F01A0.jpeg

Organised Seasonal Equine/ Canine Activity came streaming past a good distance away on the far side of the field. I think she could hear and smell them more than see them.

Mim was very interested and there was some spinning and snorting, so I cranked up the volume on the speakers and blasted Vivaldi at her which seemed to do the trick. She likes Vivaldi.

Then I had the bright idea to use essential oils in the stables to disrupt the scent. I have a ton on hand at them moment to dissuade wasps from coming into bedroom. Peppermint and tea tree were deemed ok, but it turns out Mimosa is not a fan of lavender.

8D2E2D7D-89F9-48D1-A30F-93E4AD9EE403.jpeg

Organised Seasonal Equine / Canine activity has gone quiet for now. We had some foot followers who very politely asked if they could drive up to my yard and watch from the hill, so we invited them in. I do want Mim to get used to activity, I just think that this time around it’s best to be human / vehicle and possibly canine only.

My signs are up. They say:

No Horses Beyond This Point.
Young / daft horses stabled ahead.
Follow track around field, gates open, enjoy the gallop.

I thought that might encourage compliance ?

Taking playlist nominations.

cauda equina

Visit site
Gorgeous pics as always; her lavender face speaks volumes.
I'm glad it all went well!

If your horses enjoy classical music, they might like this

PurBee

Visit site
That lavender face! ?

You are the queen of tact LG…do you work in PR? ?

So glad your horses coped well.

Can recommend Debussy ‘claire de lune’ as a natural calmer…..my horses doze off and almost fall ontop of me to ‘amazing grace’!

Goldenstar

Visit site
My horses come in the morning work then we get jobs sorted .
We then move to rest part of day nice beds a little forage then relax with classic fm .
Sky likes lavender .

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Organised Seasonal Activity has dispersed for the day!

We survived.

Milagra wanted nothing to do with anyone and quietly munched hay.

Mim did want to climb out to join them - we couldn’t find grills to fit our stables, they are ancient and huuuge so I tried a towel a bit higher than the door but it only made her go higher.

So I took advice from the previous thread and walked her out in hand. I left her in her head collar as she does have lovely manners, and she was fine. We stood and watched for a bit and then they went on their way. She was actually most anxious when they disappeared, so we walked a bit and she grazed in between startled llama impersonations.

489FF270-DEE2-4E8E-808A-425495D99163.jpeg

I had my hands full so didn’t get a close up but here they are in the big field.

AC1C745B-ADE1-4A34-99E5-716A936184A7.jpeg

Everyone has settled now and all is quiet. All in all, not bad. Riders were very respectful of signs and no problems. We only had foot followers on the yard, and horses didn’t mind that.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Am so pleased for you, often they can settle more if able to see what is causing the commotion xx
I think this might be exactly why my girl got herself in a tizzy when I tried stabling her as you can't see where the seasonal group ride goes from the stable block. From the field however she could see. Makes sense.

I'm so glad that everything went OK for you today LG. Now you know what works with your horses and set up you can do the same next time. :)

Velcrobum

Visit site
Tam always keeps the horses in when the hunt is around. They used to go across Lower farm but Jonnie banned them if it was wet. I get the impression the Monday fields are better behaved than other days. Having just looked at the yard private FB page it seems they were not over that way as no warning posted.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well done with your signs, they were friendly but stated what the rule was. at least you know that if the seasonal people come again you could do the same. always best to keep the peace IMO. glad your girls were ok...love the pics of Mim not liking lavender :)