Mine and ponies first ever compertion!!!

picolenicole

Visit site
I entered a local show, last Sat and was really pleased with my 6 year old lad:D. He's been to fun rides but never competed, with other horses there. We did an online dressage test, but that was us in a school alone.

Sorry I'm going on, there was about 15 horses there and loads of people and cars ect, he was a star. A little bouncy but nothing really bad, wanted to do everything in gallop!!!
We entered 2 classes one was best groomed, the other handy hacker. We came 2nd out of 4 in best groomed, but I was really pleased with this. To think we had hacked there 5 miles and came second to a really nice horse that had travelled was brill;):D.
In the handy hacker we came 4th out of 7, I was going for control rather than speed as it was timed. We could do speed but it would prob of been in every direction but the one I needed to go in. He was the youngest there as well, and didn't spook at anything but did have a paddy at the fact he wasn't aloud to gallop the whole thing :rolleyes:

So just a few pics or I'll get moved ;)

Just before our first class
Firstshow.jpg

In the best groomed class, I was rather white or so the OH said :eek:
BarlowHuntshow.jpg

Then me really pleased with my first ever rosette :D
MeandKingBarlowfunshow.jpg

There's another one next month same classses, there were about 10 to choose from but I thought these were the best for us, so I'm going again!!!! Think I may have got the bug for it now :eek: Does the sick feeling go away the more you do?

Muchadoaboutnothing

Visit site
Well done! :D

Gorgeous horse. I never lost that slightly sick feeling each time I went out competing. Just skip breakfast if you think it might be dodgy ;)

Horse_Mad!

Visit site
Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my first competition as an adult rider and it was such an amazing feeling (even though I was competing against 9 year olds in the first class and jumping over 1'6 fences that are barely off the ground......) Ha ha! But everyone has their own goals and I was so proud of myself - it started off the confidence that has got me where I am today.

You have a lovely horse - his white bits are gleaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!