Mini Cross Country!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Probably the highlight of Camp at Somerford this year, we ventured to the new mini XC course. It was brilliant.
Tentative steps over, then some actual jumping & then feeling rather proud of ourselves after.

69835196_10157960525474739_6683038759765671936_n.jpg

little_critter

Visit site
Love his little face!
I was taking mine for out first xc schooling 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure what he's done in the past so was going to be just a little intro to tiny tiny logs / steps / ditches just to gauge his reaction.
Then the plan was to try the 50cm xc at a local venue (if the schooling session went ok)...not to be competitive but just to trot round and see some different jumps.

The xc schooling session finished before it even started when I fell off when he spooked at a pigeon as we walked to the xc field and I broke my wrist.
Looks like xc will have to wait till the spring now.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Love his little face!
I was taking mine for out first xc schooling 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure what he's done in the past so was going to be just a little intro to tiny tiny logs / steps / ditches just to gauge his reaction.
Then the plan was to try the 50cm xc at a local venue (if the schooling session went ok)...not to be competitive but just to trot round and see some different jumps.

The xc schooling session finished before it even started when I fell off when he spooked at a pigeon as we walked to the xc field and I broke my wrist.
Looks like xc will have to wait till the spring now.

Now that is pants luck. Do mend quickly.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Urrrghhh, yuck. How unpleasant, sitting in saddle with soggy knickers.

It was most unpleasant & I did have a bit of a cry after coming off, as I was having a really bad confidence day.
In hindsight, it was flipping hilarious, no injuries, bar a scuffed elbow & I actually feel much more confident now, because I got back on & finished the ride. Gutted no one got pics, they'd have been brilliant!

Denbob

Visit site
It was most unpleasant & I did have a bit of a cry after coming off, as I was having a really bad confidence day.
In hindsight, it was flipping hilarious, no injuries, bar a scuffed elbow & I actually feel much more confident now, because I got back on & finished the ride. Gutted no one got pics, they'd have been brilliant!

Oh bless you! Pesky rivers, don't feel alone though, Tim Price got an unfortunate non-jump related dunking recently as well so really you're amongst some of the best in the world ;) Glad you can see the funny side and all was well in the world of Dave and his mam!

Tonto_

Visit site
This looks great! I'd love to give it a go as neither I or the horse have done xc before but maybe I should start with some cross poles in the school as I've not jumped for 3 years at least!