Mini foal watch

Hsaam

Visit site
So we had a vet down to confer a mare for us. I was so nervous about if she was pregnant or not. It was a go. The vet said mabey a month to go, he figures he will be small. His butt was 10 cm:eek:. She is a maiden mare. Normally really happy and cheerful But lately she has been a pain in the ass. Her she is mabey a month ago6AE00258-DDAE-4A1A-823D-39B6642A19B2.jpeg

Hsaam

Visit site
Hi, to no one. I just wanted to update everyone with some pics. The foal is still chilling in the belly and she is quite big(in my opinion)3A42386E-4CD6-4B0B-AD51-EE20EC821F49.jpegshe has not began to fill up yet. Her butt is a little squishy but not to much. Thanks, bye to myself.

Hsaam

Visit site
Today when I went to feed her I checked her udder and we have wax! We had some this morning but I did not think it was wax. It is on both of her teets. Could someone tell me about how long after waxing occurs that she would be close. 9166E947-D79D-405D-A852-3B11A246465E.jpeg

Equi

Visit site
There is no definitive answer, but in the last pic she seems quite point forward of centre, indicating the foal is getting in position.

Hsaam

Visit site
Ok. Thank you I am going to go down to day around 2 ish. I will take more pictures. Should she bag up with the waxing

Hsaam

Visit site
I can’t sleep tonight I have a bad feeling. We checked on her at about 9:30pm ish ( I live in Canada so mabey 4:30 for a lot of you uk guys. We are checking her tomorrow ASAP. The plan was to put her in a stall on Monday, not any more because i think she is due sooner than a month. 239DD0AB-A015-4863-924B-214C3A18656E.jpeg48B11544-3D49-49F4-B9A7-343730315450.jpegShe seems to have lost a bit of her baby bump but mabey that’s just me. 36980311-371C-4BD5-87FE-718E864F7B32.jpegThat was her today.
Here she yesterday. 3C5F995B-3316-49EB-8745-962749273641.jpeg

Hsaam

Visit site
I was out to the pasture today to take more pictures. FD0B71DF-713B-4AC3-987D-EDBD597C0091.jpegShe is waxing a lot it seems. I’m guessing we don’t have long to go! The vet said a month but I think this baby is coming sooner:D he teets are pointing towards and she seems hungrier than normal. She is staying in her stall to night and I will be doing 12 am checks, mabey 3am and then 5am. I want to make sure that I have everything I need in my foaling kit(I think) so if anyone could tell me what I need that would be great.

Hsaam

Visit site
hello!
Her stall is all set up!she ya just eating and walking around. She has water and food in her stall. I’m going down at 12 tonight she seems a bit nervous(is that a sign?)her butt is only jelly like on one side. Her vulva is changing from a pink colour to more red(this started today). Her butt is a bit raised and her udder is starting to fill. Her Tail is raised more tonight(like it is not resting on her butt). These next few nights I am going to be grumpy.

Equi

Visit site
If she’s turning red I would say she will dial in the next 24hrs probably. Hope it all goes well :)

Hsaam

Visit site
Guess what.........
We have our baby!he/she is very cute!were I live it’s 5am and sadly don’t have any pictures of him/her. He/her is very eight and takes after mom more:) we were not able to catch her labour but were able to check not to shortly after. He was sucking when we got there. We bought a stud to breed her to and they bonded a lot after a couple months to the point that he camped out all night long to wait for her to come out of the stall!i will post pics this morning!!!!

Hsaam

Visit site
I hope everyone else has a safe delivery as well. I just have one question: we were not there when she gave birth and were not sure weather or not she had passed the placenta. There was not blood or goo on the hay of the stall and no placenta many hours later. She is not distressed or in pain and looks fine, could it be a possibility that she ate it?

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
So no bag at all? You would notice it to be honest, quite a distinctive bag. I've not heard of a mare eating it but they can do, again it can be a natural instinct to deter predators in the wild. Hence why tend to foal at night.

I would call your vet if concerned.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
How strange...are you sure she hasn't buried it? I did once know a mare eat some of her placenta, but haven't ever heard of one consuming the whole lot, but could happen I guess?? I assume there's nothing hanging out so unlikely she's retained it?

Baby looks gorgeous, and love the name Puddle