Mini foalies first month

muckypony

Visit site
Thought I'd do a little update on my mini's first month (well, 5 weeks! :p ) Its been a bit eventful - explains properly in my last thread, but basically they spent their first few days terrified of everything!

I kept the stabled for a while when I got them after the fiasco the happened when they first went out - I hate stabling more than overnight but I actually think it did them the world of good! It gave me a chance to really start to bond with them and show them that I'm not some scary monster! I grazed them in hand individually every day morning and evening so they weren't stuck in all the time, and that was enough for their little brains! Calypso would walk back to the stable of his own accord, bit of a scaredy cat :rolleyes: and Acer wasn't bothered either way! It also allowed me to separate them for a short while which I think is really important as they're very clingy.

Last week I finally plucked up the courage to let them both out together loose (had been worried they wouldn't let me catch them again and I'm still waiting for a little more fencing to make it fully secure for them) and what did they do...? Nothing... Absolutely, nothing... :rolleyes: Not even a trot about. So being in can't have bothered them that much!! Lol. They go out now for a few hours a day, less when I have work, as I don't want them out while I'm not there until the rest of the fencing has arrived. Acer has successfully zapped himself on the fencing and not proceeded to jump through it which is an improvement! And they have both finally had a good hoon around together which was lovely to see! The best part is, not only do they let me catch them easily, but they actually walk over to me :eek: wonder how long that will last!

They are both seeming to be very sweet (although Acer can be a bit bull-ish sometimes when you lead him!) and they do something to make me smile everyday!
So here are some photos of them and their antics...

Clippy having a hoon by himself!
DSCF1053_zpsd36a065d.jpg

And coming in
DSCF1056_zps0ba49a24.jpg

Acer says hiyaaaa
DSCF1107_zps421db0f1.jpg

Calypso still hasn't learnt that the bedding is actually for rolling on :rolleyes: bless
DSCF1092_zps86efc888.jpg

DSCF1085_zpsf2b319c2.jpg

DSCF1081_zpscc26dc60.jpg

DSCF0960_zps2bc4d28f.jpg

DSCF0990_zpsdf81cc8f.jpg

Sorry for the photo overload... :p

Asha

Visit site
seriously cute.:D:D

Loving little Acer saying hello, but gotta love clippy's little fuzzy black face.

Bet they are going to keep you busy, as they definitley have mischief in their eyes !!

muckypony

Visit site
Thank you everyone, yes they are just SO cute! Sometimes they whinny in the morning at me, definitely the cutest little noise!!

Loving little Acer saying hello, but gotta love clippy's little fuzzy black face.

Bet they are going to keep you busy, as they definitley have mischief in their eyes !!

Yep, Acer definitely looks the most mischevious... He's already dragged me round the field twice!! :eek:

gadetra

Visit site
Awww they are adorable! A mischevious couple I bet!
They are serioulsy cute though. My sister keeps threatening to replace the father's cattle with a herd of minature horses...I don't know what the regular sized equidae would think of them though!!