Mini me! Pic.

RuthM

Visit site
I know most proud Mum pics have kids on board but, for me, knowledge and skill on the ground is the same and Munch has been working towards this under strict rules! She was very proud to be allowed to go it alone!
Minime.jpg

She's 4 BTW.

RuthM

Visit site
It's ok, Lolly - I put the pics prefix on! :D

She's not allowed back feet except shadowing me. She wants to pick while I hold but I won't let her as her hands have to learn facing the right way and 2 peeps round a foot doesn't sit with me well!

RuthM

Visit site
Fion, just a thought why not start a thread on kids wearing hats upon any contact with ponies?

I am really proud of her and of the way I view safety around horses, she is learning from scratch but without shortcuts and in a highly disciplined manner. I don't want to debate it here though 'cos I just posted out of pride, she's more attentive and keen with the ground stuff - just the way it should be for a while yet.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
That is a brill picture and an even better story, it is so nice to hear of a child who is keen to do the care stuff as well as ride :) That is what will make a horsewoman of her in years to come :)

RuthM

Visit site
That is a brill picture and an even better story, it is so nice to hear of a child who is keen to do the care stuff as well as ride :) That is what will make a horsewoman of her in years to come :)
She's not allowed to touch reins yet - seat first! I've told her you learn to ride every bit as much on the ground, self discipline, where your body is, predictability, honesty with horses, reward, and 1st rule, and the biggest rule - love them.

Bertolie

Visit site
My 5 year old granddaughter loves to come to the yard with me. She helps with all the jobs - makes the feeds (she knows what and how much each horse has) grooms my cob, and her favourite job is poo picking! She does have a ride on L in the school, but has her own pony at her mums so riding isn't usually her first choice. She is very knowledgable for her age and knows all the safety rules. We very often spend a happy Sunday pottering around the yard!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Love it! Theres nothing better than a diddy around for clean legs and feet! When I had my mare at a livery yard, the lady in the next stable had twins and they used to spend hours hanging off her tail brushing her fetlocks. She hates adults in her stable, but was like a mother hen with them.