Mini seed / fertiliser spreader recommendations

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’m thinking about buying one. Not motorised and not expensive.

Are the lawn ones any good for a couple of about half acre paddocks?

Many thanks.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
A biscuit tin and plastic glove singing "I plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land". Did the 2 acres of summer grazing two weeks ago will do the winter fields mid April

I like your style ?. My singing is pretty terrible but at least there’s probably no one gonna hear itvthis year.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
20 10 10 is what I would use too. Meant to this year on the lamb paddocks but never got round to it. Wish I had, we are running out of grass fast. Some gentle rain and warmer weather needed to make the grass grow.
I spread it by hand, scoop and fling.

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
What volume of fertiliser do you need an acre? Need to oversees the pasture. Don’t want lush grazing as have mini Shetland, so is suregrow best? Is there a correct order?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I usually do 3/4 bags an acre but this year its more like 2 as feed shop is rationing it.

Correct order is seed, roll it in if possible then fertilise 2/3 weeks later when is some growth :)

All mine are lami risks but my grazing works very hard and gets down bare field and mud so would rather fertilise to thicken and use muzzles if needed, suregrow is slow release as well so never get a bright green lush flush :)

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
I usually do 3/4 bags an acre but this year its more like 2 as feed shop is rationing it.

Correct order is seed, roll it in if possible then fertilise 2/3 weeks later when is some growth :)

All mine are lami risks but my grazing works very hard and gets down bare field and mud so would rather fertilise to thicken and use muzzles if needed, suregrow is slow release as well so never get a bright green lush flush :)

Thank you. That’s exactly what I need to know :).

windand rain

Visit site
2x 20kg bags of 20 10 10 was what I was advised per acre but it could be more, no that seems to be right. I think you need more suregrow though I think that was 4 or 5 bags per acre

Last edited:

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
2x 20kg bags of 20 10 10 was what I was advised per acre but it could be more, no that seems to be right. I think you need more suregrow though I think that was 4 or 5 bags per acre

Yes Suregrow is 4-5 bags per acre. I’ve ordered it and seed but not sure if or when it will arrive as been advised delays in sending it out.

rextherobber

Visit site
I used the Mole Valley fertiliser, (quantity wasn't rationed but they did need to see my driving license) I used a lawn spreader as pictured, but either needed to roll the field first or get one with pneumatic tyres, as every little bump caused problems. But it was still loads better than doing it by hand!