'miss matched' riding colours?

PolarSkye

Visit site
Very boring and conservative I'm afraid ;). For every day Kal wears black tack, either black/white or blue numnah and black boots . . . rider (either Z or me) is generally in blue, grey or green (think earthy tones) jods with a dark-coloured top. His bandages don't match his rugs, however, but they do "go" . . . bandages are either navy blue or dark green and all stable rugs coordinate/are in a conservative colour like grey, green, navy with two exceptions (a travel rug - more about that later, and one bright red summer sheet but the navy bandages go with that).

For competing, same black tack . . . several travel rugs - one cerise summer sheet trimmed with grey that matches his grey travel boots and grey competition leadrope (yes, I'm sad) - one grey thermatex, one black thermatex (trimmed with grey) and one royal blue mesh cooler trimmed with grey. His dressage numnah is dark grey trimmed, but has a blue'ish tinge which goes nicely with Z's blue jacket (and hat) and his jumping numnah matches her jacket exACTly. Her cross country colours are navy blue, black and white. Boots (his and hers) are black.

My only concession to a bit of colour is with his summer/lightweight turnouts . . . until this spring they were all plain and boring and then I bought him a brown/blue spotty one, a magenta one (which he has yet to wear) and one in Burberry check (it's his Essex Boy gear).

Don't ask me about forks/buckets/skips, however . . . much of that is pink . . . which is as a result of buying him with my (then) 13-year-old daughter . . . sigh ;).

P

Archangel

Visit site
lits amazing how many people i start teaching who are very neat but not matchy and 3 months later they are in full on matchy matchy, drowing in bling and patent!!!!!!!

After looking at your blog I have a sudden urge to go matchy matchy and my horse doesn't even wear bandages :eek3: or a numnah :eek3: and frankly I look like a 5 year old who has dressed herself for the first time :eek3: :cool3:

Alphamare

Visit site
I have one saddle pad per saddle you all seem to have lots! My horses don't wear or need boots or bandages. They wear black mostly! I have two pairs of johds wash one wear one. I have quite a few shirts and jumpers but I don't see the point in buying or wearing stuff to match my horse. I don't need any more than I have

khalswitz

Visit site
All my horses stuff is purple, navy or black, so very easy to look, if not matchy matchy then at least not clashing. Most of my stuff is purple black or navy too, but not all - I wear quite a bit of sky blue, red, green, pink (incl my hi viz jacket). I always make sure everything I wear matches, and everything my horse wears matches, but we don't always match each other!!! It's not difficult to match if you just buy the things you need in your colours as you buy them... Then everything matches already and it's easy!

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
We don't realy do matchy matchy. I tend to go neutral colours for my clothes. Tack is all traditional brown. But we try to get different colors for the different horses/ponies so we know who's stuff is who's, buckets, grooming kit, hay nets etc. Bills is green, and Sophies XC colours are green and black, Flyn is blue, not sure if I will ever get to the stage of XC colours but I would like royal blue and black stripes or spots, Flicka is purple, harking back to Sophie's early teens when evevvvverything had to be purple and Honey is red.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
These days I own - two black, two dark blue, one dark green and one white saddle cloth, a white and a black set of bandages and all my tack is black. My horse is bay.
I recently bought my horse a new headcollar because he had broken his black one, and in a bit of a hurry I picked up a tan coloured one because it had nice fluffy bits on it. Upon leaving the shop I looked at it again and realised it had sparkle on it - oh the shame :eek:

Corrected the garbage :eek:

Holding

Visit site
I don't think I'm too anal about matching, but I do like to... well, match. At least the horse and I match separately - can't say I plan my outfit based around what he's going to be wearing. Mostly it isn't too bad though - he's all in white because it looks smart, and I tend to wear either black jods with coloured tee and black polo over, or navy blue jods with coloured tee and navy polo. I do have some matchy sets, but can never be bothered to bandage so I end up putting his boots on.

I am struggling with my competition clothes though - sold my jacket but I can't buy a new one until I decide whether we are going silver or gold. First world problems.

Madam Min

Visit site
Oh I'm so mismatched its un true, Id love to have my nags in matchy matchy but as one nag is my OH's I wouldnt get away with it!

Secretly I'd love to have my nags decked out in shocking pink and baby blue, oooh and a bit of bling thrown in as well! :p :eek:

TequilaMist

Visit site
I assumed we meant on the horse!!

I look like a tramp most of the time. Horse only has blue or black, I am a mess! :D

Ha I'm much the same. Lot of friends are VERY matchy matchy for both themselves and horse.
It honestly doesn't bother me until folk comment that things don't match but hey I just don't get the whole MUST match thing! I just think theres more to worry about tbh but its their money/time/stress not mine so not a problem.I have my own quirks without adding theirs to the long list lol.

blood_magik

Visit site
I am very slowly introducing bling and matchy matchy to my very workman-like ISH. I did go through a phase of buying bandages to match my saddle cloths but then I only matched them once or twice.
If I had a bit more enthusiasm, I'm sure we could do the whole NMT/PrincessSparkle head-to-toe matchy thing.
Maybe I should tell myself that it will improve our flatwork? :p

most of the time I look like I've been dragged backwards through a bush - not the best when your on a pro yard and everyone else looks like they've stepped out of a magazine. Donkeys are always neat and tidy though :eek: