Missing Horse, Upset Owner [rant]

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
Just back from the yard.

I couldn't find J anywhere at all. Heart in my mouth he wasn't anywhere to be seen near his field. I panicked thinking he had run onto the railway line near the yard. I roped OH into looking for him and one of his fieldmates (4 usually in field in total)

After searching every field, I finally found him and the missing fieldmate. Total relief, but I was wondering why he was in there in the first place! I checked him over and realised his leg has been torn to shreds. A quick look around and I see he's gone through all the fencing, and it looks like the wires have wrapped round his leg. A lot of skin is gone, and it looks like it will scar. No need for a vet, as thankfully it isn't deep wounds. So I clean him up and make sure he's alright, then go in search of answers!

Turns out that a girl I share a field with decided that I don't poo pick enough. (did 9 barrowloads this week, and yard rules say I have to do 3 barrowloads a week by my contract) So she decided to move J herself and plonk him in a field where he would be away from him mates. (totally far away, he couldn't even see them) J got very distressed and put himself through 2 fences trying to get back to his fieldmates.

The fieldmate that J was moved in with, his owner is the culprit. Constantly leaving jobs for other people and never poo picks. So these other two owners ganged up together, threw me and this other girl out and now my horse is injured, will scar and bang goes my plans of showing next year.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

marmite

Visit site
Like i said to you before on the phone i dont like her anyway she is all nice and sweet until her little side kick gets on yard.
She is lucky ive moved my horses down as if jasper had of gone into feild while jay was in there and jacob had of hurt him i would of felt awful,but its those 2 i would of gone after for it.
Im not happy about it she has your phone number she could of text and asked you to move him down or i would of gone and moved him for you,but wasnt her decision to move your horse in first place.
God help her if i ever catch her near any of mine.
Have word with H and make it clear how ticked off you are,but i can tell you now she best not say anything bad about you infront of me because ill go wild.
How dare she say you dont poo pick your always in your feilds poo picking.

I just hope jasper is ok if it was me i would of phoned vet anyway and charged her for the call out fee.
She was the first one to moan and demand to be payed for forrest trashing her fence and her having to poo pick.

pixie

Visit site
Arghhhh!!! I just don't understand why people will just move other people's horses to a different field without even consulting them first. That;s just not on. Also, why did they actually move him? Surely the can poo pick the field whilst he's in it? Have you spoken to the YO?

Blackhawk

[ QUOTE ]
Arghhhh!!! I just don't understand why people will just move other people's horses to a different field without even consulting them first. That;s just not on. Also, why did they actually move him? Surely the can poo pick the field whilst he's in it? Have you spoken to the YO?

[/ QUOTE ]

As marmite said, the girl has my number but never bothered to let me know that she was moving my horse. She knew he was moved from that field in the first place as he got distressed in it. She moved him because basically she's thrown me out of the field for not poo picking enough, when actually I've been doing three times the amount I should be doing.

I just can't believe how cut up his leg is
frown.gif

marmite

Visit site
The reason is the 2 girls who moved him have a couple of good horses and one in foal and as they arrange alot of yard events for the kids they seem to think they own the place.
You would think they were the best riders to grace to planet the way they go on they will both talk to us if they are on there own but when they are together they wont speak to anyone.
One of them seriously nearly spoilt fionas chances of selling eska by over blowing a tiny little misshap and saying things she shouldnt.
And plus one of them is now going out with yard farrier which has made her think she has a god given right to do whatever she wants there.

Seriously not nice people apart they are ok but put them together and give them a wooden spoon and a cauldren
mad.gif

Im suprised how calm she stayed i would of let rip especially when theese 2 girls know jasper loves been with one of there horses and would go mad and want to go looking for him.

Blackhawk

Thanks audrey. It's pretty much long cuts all over his leg, so heating or swelling though thank goodness. It could have been worse, but thankfully it wasn't/

Marmite, no text back yet.

Rachel_M

Visit site
Im glad that you have more fuse than I have because if that happened to me, and hope to god I don't end up with such an idiot like that, I would have my fingernails stuck in the stable door trying to stop me going loco on that prat.

Say something, you can't let her get away with something like this otherwise next time you might have more than a few scars......
frown.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
I would speak to your YO. If you don't get anywhere threaten to take it further. She has no right touching or moving your horse without permission. I could understand maybe if say one of the horses in the field had an accident and the rest had to be removed for vet to get in, or fencing was broken. But for something as petty as poo picking...

I would get very very very angry. It's maybe not theft but it's taking property without your permission. She maybe didn't intend to damage your horse but she has, and she should be made to take responsability for it.

marmite

Visit site
well they have burnt there bridges with me well and truly now.

Ive just spoke to F and told her what happened she cant belive it that 2 ''experienced'' owners would move him knowing he would be upset and try get back to there horses.

Im getting a bit fed up of alot of the owners there.

marmite

Visit site
Well put it this way i stable at same yard as incipitent and ill be keeping a close eye on them going anywhere near my lot.

Blackhawk

I'm moving off the yard soon, so I don't think it'll go anywhere. YO said that she wanted everyone to calm down before the horses got put back together. Except I didn't have an issue in the first place. This other girl dictated to me when I was to poo pick, and how much I was to do. As a mug, I always did as told and was then thrown out for it.

Thing is, my other horse is in a different field and she is always moved by someone else but that girl ALWAYS let's me know what she is doing before she does it.

S_N

Visit site
That is BANG out of order!! If that EVER happened to my horses then woebetide anyone, other than YO, that ever tries that trick on my horses!! They'd have solicitors letter in their letterbox, beofre they could say BOO!! (Helps when your Godfather is a Barrister) Are you a member of the BHS, CA or similar? They have free legal helplines - I'd be on the blower if I was you!!

Blackhawk

Moving him got me upset, as it was done for no reason at all. The fact that'd he'd got so distressed he'd managed to cut his legs up is what has really upset me. The poor lad must have been totally bewildered that he'd be seperated from his field mates.

I had to just leave him there as YO doesn't want people fighting on her yard, so won't let him back in with his fieldmates.

SN, not a member of either. I'm usually so non confrontational so not looking forward to saying something to her.

But yes, thank goodness I'll have them at home soon.

Doublethyme

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That is BANG out of order!! If that EVER happened to my horses then woebetide anyone, other than YO, that ever tries that trick on my horses!! They'd have solicitors letter in their letterbox, beofre they could say BOO!! (Helps when your Godfather is a Barrister) Are you a member of the BHS, CA or similar? They have free legal helplines - I'd be on the blower if I was you!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't agree more and there would be another letter going to the YO - this is completely irresponsible behaviour and if anyone did this to my mare I would be absolutely spitting nails!! In fact, it wouldn't get to the letter stage as I would have been up that yard and annihalated all involved. Stupid ignorant pepole that they are.

Hope your boy is OK OP and your move goes well and you end up with sane sensible caring horse people around you.

The YO should be ashamed of themselves to. My YO would go bolistic if this sort of thing happened.

marmite

Visit site
Well that is slightly harsh on our YO she is a lovely lady who goes out of her way to help all of us,if she didnt know they were doing it how could she stop it.

We all get a list of yard rules and it states you are not to move or touch any other horses without prior permission.
And plus the layout of our yard you cant actually see the feilds from the yard itself so it would of been unseen.

Equibeau

Visit site
She has no right to touch your horse at all. If anyone did that to mine other than YO (and I would still be bloody mad!) then I would make sure they knew it - and I am very non-confrontational too.

Clodagh

Visit site
I'd send them a bill for damages, they may not pay it but what the heck. If you go to CAB or similar they could advise? B*stards, I'd kill 'em. Meanwhile do your minimum to stop scarring, I'm no expert, but aloe vera may help?

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And plus dorey is moved with her feild mates not snatched away from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust, Dorey would whoop the ass of anyone who tried to take her away from her buddies!! It was hard enough trying to load her when Mush decided he wanted her to stay!

I - I'd just leave it till you leave, then, on your last day announce how you're leaving because of the way they treated your horse, make a real fuss over it... hopefully the majority of owners will be shocked enough into tut tutting and head shaking which will make this girl blush if nothing else...

Need to tell you summat on Dorey btw...

marmite

Visit site
What has annoyed me is the feild jasper ran into was my 2nd paddock im grazing in my bottom ones at the moment and even though jay isnt nasty an we hack out him an jasper together all the time jacob would of defended warlock.
How bad would i of felt if jacob had of kicked one of my best freinds horses and done him any serious damage.

Blackhawk

I'll take pictures of it as SN suggested. It's not life threatening, but it will put a stop to me showing him.

marmite, she's not replied, so sent another text. Not nasty, just trying to figure out why!

SoD, she kicked off when they tried to move her mates, so now they move them all together and she leads the way!
tongue.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
The yard owner may be a lovely lady but she should have put her foot down and told these ladies that it is just not on.

Do the girls have some sought of hold, power handle kind of thing over her?

You can't let them get off that easily!

*good vibes*