MISSING/STOLEN PIEBALD GYPSY COB.

Zerotolerance

Visit site
Found TT on FB from the original link at beginning of this thread- but she must have everything blocked on there as can't send message or even friend request. I've sent an email to the address shown on the original flyers.

Queenbee

Visit site
Did someone not post in NL week/two weeks ago looking for this girl?

Think someone tried to phone the number on the advert but it was a wrong number - but then they might have managed to get in touch ????

If not hope this girl is OK
Yes, they also posted on here as they were having issues contacting her then TT came on here with a very weird illegible post and since then, nothing at all :(

Found TT on FB from the original link at beginning of this thread- but she must have everything blocked on there as can't send message or even friend request. I've sent an email to the address shown on the original flyers.
Worrying... Will try to trace the user who said they were fb friends with TT, see if they can just get some confirmation she is ok
Perhaps she is out of the country visiting her OH's family.
Perhaps, but its worrying, TT was on here all the time keeping the search going.

Queenbee

Visit site
Just searched and R.A.H is Facebook friends with TT, and was online within the last 12 hrs, I have pm'd to see if we can get an update that TT is ok and asked R.A.H to post it on here.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Hi all.Sorry not been here but I have no internet access at home,so relying on libarary computers. Still no sign of my boy,its like hes dissapeared off the face of the earth.
Thanks everyone for helping me.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Thank goodness you are back we were all getting worried about your safety, sorry no news on your boy but if you look on AAD you will see posts of dogs turning up after going missing for yonks.

Queenbee

Visit site
Thank goodness you are back we were all getting worried about your safety, sorry no news on your boy but if you look on AAD you will see posts of dogs turning up after going missing for yonks.

Ditto this! Glad your still with us and rest assured we are all still keeping our eyes peeled x

DebbieCG

Visit site
Horse Watch South Wales have just reposted/shared Flash's details on their Facebook page again, saying he is still missing.

Here'e the helpful link from Netposse that they shared - if everyone can please copy the link and share on FB too:

http://www.netposse.com/view_report.asp?reportid=1622

I'm sure Flash's owner is/will do all she can (within her limits) to try and find him, but one of the very big problems when your horse is stolen or missing is that you also have to deal with everyday life as well, so fitting in searching, getting any time off work and financing trips/searches etc can be very difficult.

putasocinit

Visit site
coloured horses tend to all look the same from a distance, but if you have a look at his pics on page 1 he definitely has some defining marks around his cheeks and his above his eye in white, these are marks one could point out when letting people know he is missing and what to look for. anything to help to try and identify him.

Fii

Visit site
Horse Watch South Wales have just reposted/shared Flash's details on their Facebook page again, saying he is still missing.

Here'e the helpful link from Netposse that they shared - if everyone can please copy the link and share on FB too:

http://www.netposse.com/view_report.asp?reportid=1622

I'm sure Flash's owner is/will do all she can (within her limits) to try and find him, but one of the very big problems when your horse is stolen or missing is that you also have to deal with everyday life as well, so fitting in searching, getting any time off work and financing trips/searches etc can be very difficult.

Have shared this!

DebbieCG

Visit site
Just seen that Horsewatch South Wales were aware of these horses (at the time) and confirmed the Abandonment notice was put up and usual procedure followed and horses checked with scanner etc.

Samantha_j

New User
Visit site
I live in Resolven, its very unlikely but there are 4 piebalds on the marsh of the neath river, driving on the a465 towards neath, before the neath turn off they are on your left. Worth a look, i know people have been onto the RSPCA as the marsh is constantly flooding and there has been no sign of an owner there

Athena055

Visit site
Hi all I live in suffolk and although this is unlikely but I myself have seen about 30 - 40 piebald cobs in a field near juction 52/53 on the a14

HappyHooves

Visit site
destined for burgers I believe - no that isn't a joke either. There are always loads there. I suspect the piebald gypsey cob was more likely stolen to be used as drive horse rather than the meat trade, but who knows?

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Words fail me.

HappyHooves, ever heard the expression, it's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt?

Your unhelpful suggestion is not only unkind but also very unlikely. This cob was a quality animal and that is why he was targeted.

HappyHooves

Visit site
Words fail me.

HappyHooves, ever heard the expression, it's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt?

Your unhelpful suggestion is not only unkind but also very unlikely. This cob was a quality animal and that is why he was targeted.

If you, Bubbilygum and Athena had read what I said you would see that it was in response to a specific question about some horses alongside the A14 in Suffolk. I see these horses often and know that they are NOT destined to be riding horses.Lets be realistic - some horses are bred for slaughter in the UK or maybe you prefer not to know that. As I wrote before, the OP's horse was not of this kind; why on earth would anyone take a quality horse from Wales and stuff it in a field of sickly coloured horses ( maybe 30 on a couple of acres)? If you had read the complete thread you would know that I and others take the disappearance of a horse very seriously and I have pm'd the owner with information in the hope of getting the horse returned. It seems more likely that the cob in question was stolen to order for driving ability and looks.
I am at a loss to know why my 'unhelpful suggestion', as you put it, that these horses have nothing to do with the OP's LOST GYPSY COB is 'not only unkind but very unlikely'. Quite the opposite.
If people don't bother to read a thread, misread a post then, I would suggest they are the fool. But I am too polite ( unlike you) to call you one.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
destined for burgers I believe - no that isn't a joke either. There are always loads there. I suspect the piebald gypsey cob was more likely stolen to be used as drive horse rather than the meat trade, but who knows?

Nope, think no one asked such a question and having followed this thread since the beginning, I still think making such a remark was incredibly insensitive.

HappyHooves

Visit site
This is the question posted by Athena to which I was responding....

Hi all I live in suffolk and although this is unlikely but I myself have seen about 30 - 40 piebald cobs in a field near juction 52/53 on the a14

And whether you think it insensitive or not, THESE horse are destined for the meat trade.

And nowhere have I suggested that this is the fate of the missing gypsy cob - quite the opposite