Missing your horse

11bluewolf

Visit site
Im going to university in September and I'm going to miss my loan horse so much:( Ive had him for 5 years and I honestly love him so so much. How do you all cope not seeing your horse while at university/ away for long periods of time?

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I'm sorry, I can't help,mi didn't cope at all, I drove home every weekend to be with mine......so I'm about as much use as a chocolate fire guard at answering your question.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Take horse to uni?
I've just finished a 4 year degree and had my horse with me for 2 of those. I bought him at the end of my 2nd year/start of my 3rd (work placement) year. Honestly not found it difficult at all fitting him in, my work placement was 9-6ish with an hour commute either way and still had plenty of time for horsey and final year of uni with dissertation and whatnot was fine too as horsey gave me a much needed break!

11bluewolf

Visit site
Take horse to uni?
I've just finished a 4 year degree and had my horse with me for 2 of those. I bought him at the end of my 2nd year/start of my 3rd (work placement) year. Honestly not found it difficult at all fitting him in, my work placement was 9-6ish with an hour commute either way and still had plenty of time for horsey and final year of uni with dissertation and whatnot was fine too as horsey gave me a much needed break!

I wish! That would be my dream but I only have him on loan so can't sadly! Nice to hear that it worked for you though as so many people don't take theirs :)

HashRouge

Visit site
If you throw yourself into university life, make friends, join clubs etc then you will probably find it easier than you think. I did miss my horse (she went out on loan) but I was having so much fun that it took the edge off. And don't forget you will have lovely long holidays (over three months in summer!) and will get to see the horse then :)

11bluewolf

Visit site
If you throw yourself into university life, make friends, join clubs etc then you will probably find it easier than you think. I did miss my horse (she went out on loan) but I was having so much fun that it took the edge off. And don't forget you will have lovely long holidays (over three months in summer!) and will get to see the horse then :)

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to hear, I'm sure ill be fine once I'm there!

HashRouge

Visit site
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to hear, I'm sure ill be fine once I'm there!

I'm sure you will :). It's perfectly normal to be worried before you go, but the important thing is that you make the most of the experience. I loved university and have so many good memories - don't let anything hold you back!

joosie

Visit site
I'm living in New Zealand and not seen my two since December. I can't help you really... I miss them so much! Keep yourself busy is my only useful advice!