Missy Moo - ONE YEAR OWNIVERSARY

GlitterPup

Visit site
Wrote a long paragraph and the damn page refreshed and deleted it :(
Hope the video shows how much Missy means to me and how wonderful she is :biggrin3:

Lots of faults in the video, please remember she is my first pony and this is all new to me and I have been learning just like Missy has.
CC Accepted though :)

http://youtu.be/OxXZ8E4raZA

Happy first year owniversary moo <3

GlitterPup

Visit site
Why are you riding her soo soon after shes given birth?!?

I was told that it was okay and once people started telling me otherwise I stopped. Just like I stopped walking them out when people told me otherwise.
Infact, she was only sat on twice, for less than a minute each time.

Last edited:

Leo Walker

Visit site
I was told that it was okay and once people started telling me otherwise I stopped. Just like I stopped walking them out when people told me otherwise.
Infact, she was only sat on twice, for less than a minute each time.

Um, not thats not quite the truth is it? But glad to see your not riding her anymore.

GlitterPup

Visit site
:) .

Thread is requested to be deleted, video will be taken down and my account will be closed. You are right, I am wrong. Won't bother with hho anymore.

Last edited:

Leo Walker

Visit site
And that was exactly the reaction I got when you were told that hacking out a tiny mare with a 4 week old foal at foot wasnt a good idea. I only commented to see if you would actually tell the truth after I noticed you'd re created yourself with another youtube account. And because I'm not sure I believe you when you say your not.

For what its worth you have done a lovely job with her and you should be proud of that, riding aside that is :)

GlitterPup

Visit site
And that was exactly the reaction I got when you were told that hacking out a tiny mare with a 4 week old foal at foot wasnt a good idea. I only commented to see if you would actually tell the truth after I noticed you'd re created yourself with another youtube account. And because I'm not sure I believe you when you say your not.

For what its worth you have done a lovely job with her and you should be proud of that, riding aside that is :)

And now I realize who you are!!
Actually, I created a new yt account due to forgetting my login details (really am a dopey blonde).

I hope you realize that when you and the other lady who I won't name were commenting, I had multiple other conversations going from people (most from this very forum) telling me I was doing the right thing and to carry on. I was told to hack her out, to keep her fit and to stop her from getting bored. You then told me I was wrong, which I did actually listen to and stopped. Whether you believe me or not that is your call.

Thank you for saying i've done a lovely job. I've explained it before, she is my first pony, he is my first foal.
When you have god knows how many people messaging and texting saying you're doing right and others saying you're doing wrong, I was going with the majority vote as I wasn't 100% on what I was doing and we all have to start somewhere.

She has been turned out for well over 7 weeks now, untouched. The only moving was when we moved her to a new field.

'Not sure I believe you when you say your not (riding I assume?)'
'I only commented to see if you would actually tell the truth or not'..

Wow, this makes me feel super.

Last edited:

YouOnlyLiveOnce

Visit site
When you have god knows how many people messaging and texting saying you're doing right and others saying you're doing wrong, I was going with the majority vote as I wasn't 100% on what I was doing.

Congratulations on your anniversary and I don't want this to sound negative but see I don't understand comments like this, what is wrong with a quick 2 minute phone call to your vet if you're unsure, rather than go ahead with something that is possibly detrimental to your pony

Sparkles

Visit site
Thats really hardly riding so I won't comment on that as no harm really being done from that one go. Though as others have said, ideally, wait a bit longer. 3 months ideal miinmum after foaling for muscles to start tightening up a bit again. Lots do ride with foals towards the end of the 6 months when nearly weaning....but again, mostly previously broken mares who had some form of muscle strength with a rider previous. Just go careful with her and always worth chiro visit to check pelvis and everywhere else to clear for ridden eowkr so no problem presenting from foaling arise. :)
I don't know you or the pony either so I could be talking out my arse and happy to accept that and apologise if you can ride her with no problem, but just looking at her body language and face in that quick clip jumping on her....please just be careful and take your time when she's ready to be ridden (as I'm sure you are being as you clearly love her) as she really doesn't look assured on the whole idea of a rider on top. Only had to mention it as from the comment in the caption after about her must have been broken before! Again if it's just how she is and she rides fine...then please throw my comment away. As I said, I'm only going by the video.

Pretty mare and foal. Congrats on ownership.

Last edited:

Hetsmum

Visit site
Can't see video as you have obviously deleted it :( All I can say hun is that every single one of us has made mistakes with our first horses and if you haven't then you must be a genius. The best thing I ever did was make good friends with my vets and they are always on the end of the phone with (free) advise. There are some very good books you could order online like 'Foal to Five Years' etc..... They will stand you in good stead for the next few years. The trouble with forums is everyone will have a different idea of what is/is not right - as you will find in life! The last pictures you posted of them they both looked very happy and well cared for. I hope you and they continue to flourish! x

*Whinney*

Visit site
I too think you have done a very good job. You have made mistakes which we all do but you have listened to experienced people and made changes, that is to be commended.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you the young lady who's Mum was very up and down about you even having a pony? If so then you got through all that and ended up with two! I can't remember your foal's name but he looks like he is going to be a cracker and quite a bit bigger than Missy. I hope you are able to keep him and would enjoy reading about your progress. And of course Missy updates.

Well done. Keep learning and you will be a cracking horse woman.

Lambkins

Visit site
I too love ur updates !! And love ur ponies .. It is clear to see u love them very much and they love u .. We all learn from our mistakes .. I like this saying ' if u r not willing to listen nobody can help u , if u r willing to learn nobody can stop u ' :) with u , u take on board the negative comments and learn from
Them .. Takes a bigger person to correct a problem ..then to point a problem out :) u really r doing a good job ..I would have love to see ur video !! :)