Mites.

Bri

Visit site
Nope...he's definitley lame and has been for about 3 weeks. vet's cant find anything wrong from x-rays,next step is mri!
He is incredibly itchy on his legs and belly though, so wondered whether if he does have mites they could be making him lame?

scrat

Visit site
Thats one of the most informative articles I have read, thankyou Theresa. I remember asking the NAF reps at a show what they would recommend for greasy heal. They recommended MSM cream and DTox. Having read this article I can see that they were thinking about the immune system hence the DTox. We are currently treating clydesdale with the recipe you suggested.. sudocrem, sulpher etc. This seems to relieve the itchiness and keep the grease at bay, but it seems there is no cure....

Theresa_F

Visit site
Glad you found it useful.

Cairo has two patches just under his chesnuts that never truely go. When they flare up - I apply the teatree oil, sulphur and sudocream mix and within 2 weeks all is gone, and stays gone for a month or so.

Pig oil and sulphur is my maintenance stuff which both mine have.

Luckily Cairo is clear everywhere else, and Chancer has yet to show signs - but I am fairly careful about checking legs, not getting them wet in winter and applying the oil and sulphur regularly.

Cairo has a poor immune and circulation system - due to chemo that he has had. It has improved over the years but we still pamper him.

Hope the clydie is well soon.