Mitsubishi Shogun

idx

Visit site
The Shogun 4 wheel drive system allows you to shift into and out of 4 wheel drive at up to 60 mph without stopping, or shifting in to neutral. I always tow the horse trailer in 4 wheel drive and there is an official shogun sticker on the driver's door actually advising the driver to do this when towing.
View attachment 31088View attachment 31088
Interesting! I didn't dare drive mine in 4x4 on the roadd and stopped to put it in 4x4 but it wasn't a shogun.

Abi90

Visit site
Going to look at one tomorrow. It’s an 08 plate. If it’s okay I shall be driving back from Glasgow with it and assume it shall cost me a fortune to get it back 😂

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Going to look at one tomorrow. It’s an 08 plate. If it’s okay I shall be driving back from Glasgow with it and assume it shall cost me a fortune to get it back 😂
Hope it's a good one and you enjoy your drive back in it!

Interesting! I didn't dare drive mine in 4x4 on the road and stopped to put it in 4x4 but it wasn't a shogun.
As phizz4 says, Shoguns can be switched between normal 2x4 and 4x4 whilst in motion. Except when you engage 'differential lock', which is the proper off road Get Out Of Jail card ;) and it should only be used off road and in fairly straight lines.

Dubsie

Visit site
We also have a 2006 Shogun without the modification (must look into that). Our yard is up a steep hill so that always knackers the fuel economy. Can get about 28mpg travelling about locally including a visit to the yard and approx 30-34mpg motorway, but this drops 10mpg when towing an IW 505 + 550kg horse, equipment water full fuel & 1 passenger

Abi90

Visit site
Didn’t get it. Just didn’t quite like it for some reason and had a bad gut feeling. Going to look at a VW Touareg instead to compare