Mixed news for Daisy.

conniegirl

Visit site
Today Daisy had a post op check up. You know you’ve got a good vet when your dog drags you INTO the building!
Wound is healing well and it all looking good.
Unfortunately the result of the testing of the lump that was removed.
It was a Spindle Cell sarcoma, vet says that is a form of cancer.
Thankfully we caught it ver early and despite it being in a very delicate and fiddly place they managed to take a decent border.
So plan is to wait and see now. Monitor her very closely and any hint of a lump goes straight to vet for a check.

Last edited:

HorseyTee

Visit site
Ah poor girl.

My Labrador had cancer 3 times.
Started when as he was 4 years old. Hers was mast cell.
But any sign of a new bump or lesion and I had an fna done and lump removed if it was mast cell so I always caught it early and deep margins removed.

She passed a year ago aged 13 and not from cancer.

It seems scary but fingers crossed Daisy will be ok now.

StableMum

Visit site
Today Daisy had a post op check up. You know you’ve got a good vet when your dog drags you INTO the building!
Wound is healing well and it all looking good.
Unfortunately the result of the testing of the lump that was removed.
It was a Spindle Cell sarcoma, vet says that is a form of cancer.
Thankfully we caught it ver early and despite it being in a very delicate and fiddly place they managed to take a decent border.
So plan is to wait and see now. Monitor her very closely and any hint of a lump goes straight to vet for a check.
Many years ago I had a giant schnauzer who had a spindle cell sarcoma removed from her leg. Good margins were taken and although the vets gave a guarded prognosis it never came back or bothered her again. I can't quite remember how old she was at the time, but she wasn't that old and lived to 16.