Mixing Raw With Kibble

ribbons

Visit site
I've always thought the theory that kibble takes longer to digest than raw made no sense at all. The kibble has had the job half done regarding breakdown, by the processing and cooking.

Similarly the theory that a horse is colder in a no fill sheet than nothing at all because its hair can't stand up to trap air, this also makes no sense to me. What about the layer of air between the horse and the sheet that warms up.

Both seem to be Strange ideas by someone at sometime, that have been passed around and somehow aquired belief, without logic.

satinbaze

Visit site
I tested the speed of my dogs digestion, they are raw feed. I added a small amount of sweetcorn to their dinner, guess how long it was before they poo'd it out .......................48 hours. So my research shows raw fed dogs feel fuller for longer!!! This however is s very small sample (2 dogs) and not a "double blind" study as no kibble fed dogs used 😉

Visit site
I am struggling a bit with new dog who has been on a raw diet. Its costing me a fortune and you need vast freezer space. Already got a dog with special diet requirements for medical issues! Think I may give in and feed tinned. Also what happens if you send your dog to kennels if they are on a raw diet? Do the kennel bods feed that way if required ? Also why do you avoid grains?

Last edited:

{97702}

Visit site
I tested the speed of my dogs digestion, they are raw feed. I added a small amount of sweetcorn to their dinner, guess how long it was before they poo'd it out .......................48 hours. So my research shows raw fed dogs feel fuller for longer!!! This however is s very small sample (2 dogs) and not a "double blind" study as no kibble fed dogs used ��

Love this - I'd never have thought of doing that :)

Clodagh

Visit site
I am struggling a bit with new dog who has been on a raw diet. Its costing me a fortune and you need vast freezer space. Already got a dog with special diet requirements for medical issues! Think I may give in and feed tinned. Also what happens if you send your dog to kennels if they are on a raw diet? Do the kennel bods feed that way if required ? Also why do you avoid grains?

We never used to worry about grain (we feed skinners duck and rice, no raw here) but older lab gets very scurfy on anything with maize or wheat in.