Mobile field shelter insurance needed

weebarney

Visit site
As title really, I'm desperate for some insurance for my new shelter. I've tried NFU who dont want to know as i dont have any other insurance with them, they said to put it on my home insurance but I'v rang Halifax and apart from being an Indian call centre who wouldnt have a clue what I was talking about they said as the field isnt with my home (its about a mile away) that i couldnt add it on my house insurance. The only people ive managed to get a quote off is Scottish Equestrian Insurance services but they wanted over £200 premium and £500 excess which i think is a bit excessive.

Forester

Visit site
I had a similar problem when I had a stable built on my own land 4 miles away from my house. NFU insured me under a " Business combined " policy. My premium for a 16 x 14 block built stable and various corrugated buildings is currently around £80 per year. NFU were the only company who would insure under the circumstances. If I was you I would try speaking to them again. In addition to the insurance policy you also have to become a member which is approximately £40 per year. Membership entitles you to a glossy magazine approximately 6 times a year.

weebarney

Visit site
thats interesting. I take you you dont have any other insurance with them apart from that one. Out of interest do you have to have a business for to have a business policy? Horses are just a hobby for me.

Forester

Visit site
At the time I took out the " Business combined "insurance with NFU I did not have any other insurance with them. They did try to get me to change the house insurance but accepted that I wouldn't when I explained that my husband dealt with the house insurance and I with anything related to the horse.

No I do not have any sort of business. I bought 3 acres of grazing land 4 miles from where I live just to keep my horse on. The land already had a couple of buildings made of corrugated sheeting and I had the block built stable built.

Sorry that I have taken so long to reply to your last post. I have only just logged back on