Mobile Phone App for Stable Management

Nayumi1

Visit site
Just wondering if there are any good phone apps (apple) that track the stable management of your horse. Ideally for vaccinations, farrier, dentist, worming etc?

teddypops

Visit site
I used to use stable mate which was good but it doesn’t seem to work any more! Just had a quick look and stable secretary seems to be a similar thing but I haven’t used it.

donkeyindisguise

Visit site
I used to have the Stablemate app and loved it! Was gutted when it stopped working, could log farrier, vet, dentist, worming etc and it you could set reminders to book the next appointment which was great for me as I'm so disorganised!
It was made by the people who make the equest wormers so it would even break down which wormer you would need to use next time to make sure you were getting everything!

I wish there was another that did this

AshleyG

www.attheyard.co.uk
At The Yard - www.attheyard.co.uk does stable management for entire yards (I also am the owner of the company for fair disclosure). I am not sure if you're looking just for your horse or an entire yard but it might be what you're looking for.

The app is designed to work across desktops, mobiles and tablets and can store information about the things your talking about. If it doesn't quite meet your needs we're always developing things and would love to hear from you.

Equi

Visit site
£30-70 a month is quite drastic to be honest.

I’ve tried a few apps but none are what I’m after. I want a simple diary I can input when they had such and such done and set a reminder to do it again in however long. Simple. I don’t need fancy things like show dates results dna markers blablabla.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I’m exactly the same, something simple to record the dates, maybe store notes and then reminders when they are next due.

I’ve tried a few apps but none are what I’m after. I want a simple diary I can input when they had such and such done and set a reminder to do it again in however long. Simple. I don’t need fancy things like show dates results dna markers blablabla.

You can do this with the standard Calendar app on your phone. Create an event on the day the thing happened, then in the 'repeat event' bit just put the interval. Free :).

Equi

Visit site
yeah you can but I like to have a place on my phone I can input info about a particular horse or any notes of worth, pics of dental checks etc. Currently I do that all in a file and write everything down, but that limits me to only being able to check things at my desk at home. If I was to search my calendar for “last dental check/due date for horse4” I could be looking back (or forward) at it for many months before I find it. I could use notes but again it lacks that personal touch lol

DirectorFury

Visit site
yeah you can but I like to have a place on my phone I can input info about a particular horse or any notes of worth, pics of dental checks etc. Currently I do that all in a file and write everything down, but that limits me to only being able to check things at my desk at home. If I was to search my calendar for “last dental check/due date for horse4” I could be looking back (or forward) at it for many months before I find it. I could use notes but again it lacks that personal touch lol

Hmm, I understand now that it would be a pain to do unless you want to spend ages setting it all up to work how you want. As an interim why not set each horse up with their own calendar and then just filter events so you only see the horse you want - I have ~15 calendars for various things which works well enough. Not much use for photos or random musings though.

There's definitely a gap in the market, are you guys mainly on Apple or Android? This isn't something that should take longer than a week to make and I have a few weeks off coming up :). It won't be polished or pretty but it'll be functional and free! I'm guessing you need the ability to make a horse and then the horse has a diary area, calendar, feed, shows/lessons, etc. Would you then want a global calendar for all horses combined?

Last edited:

AshleyG

www.attheyard.co.uk

Well I can appreciate that. If you wouldn't use the other features that the package offers (invoicing, stock management, staff works lists etc. - see https://www.attheyard.co.uk/features/ for the full list) I'd agree that you wouldn't be getting enough value out of it to justify the subscription fee.

It's been designed to simplify admin work across everything you do at the yard and allow direct ordering of services, products and facilities from your liveries. When you add up the cost of your/staffs time in keeping track of everything and doing the admin (especially the invoicing) it quickly adds up.

However if you'd be interested in just the calendaring aspect of it, it's defiantly something we could consider creating a new subscription package for with only that feature at a reduced monthly fee. If any of you'd be interested in talking about it I'd be more than happy to have a conversation. If you're interested let me know and it'd be great to setup a call/email conversation.

donkeyindisguise

Visit site
The beauty of the Stablemate app was it did everything discussed as a ‘want’ on here, you could set each horse up, then input these things, and it was completely free.... on that basis I’d personally begrudge paying for a subscription, but would probably actually buy the app in the first place 😊 (and that’s a first!) lol

Equi

Visit site
Well I can appreciate that. If you wouldn't use the other features that the package offers (invoicing, stock management, staff works lists etc. - see https://www.attheyard.co.uk/features/ for the full list) I'd agree that you wouldn't be getting enough value out of it to justify the subscription fee.

It's been designed to simplify admin work across everything you do at the yard and allow direct ordering of services, products and facilities from your liveries. When you add up the cost of your/staffs time in keeping track of everything and doing the admin (especially the invoicing) it quickly adds up.

However if you'd be interested in just the calendaring aspect of it, it's defiantly something we could consider creating a new subscription package for with only that feature at a reduced monthly fee. If any of you'd be interested in talking about it I'd be more than happy to have a conversation. If you're interested let me know and it'd be great to setup a call/email conversation.

Honesty I wouldn’t pay a monthly fee for any of it. I’ve enough monthly outgoings. I would pay a one off fee to buy an app sure, but only about £3 not like £50